mysterious residents formations in sea of fables

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,
before a while as I was flying over sea of fables, I saw several residents in world map in circles of 11 and some straight lines of eleven people too. I counted the distance and flew down when I found them in sea's bottom but they were invisible.  Their name was apparent in mini map yet no people under it.
They were all named in the same way, e.g. MaryAsAnne, JimmieAsConrand and so on.  
They were all of same age, that is one year and some months. I asked them what is it about but they left.  All of them.
All sea of fables was full of them.  I am thunderbolt.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure they are Tiny Empires players. They arrange in a circle so they are all within whisper range of each other. Those bots are the reason why hardly any humans play Tiny Empires any more. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2022 at 6:00 AM, MiriamAnneGwendolyn said:

Hello,
before a while as I was flying over sea of fables, I saw several residents in world map in circles of 11 and some straight lines of eleven people too. I counted the distance and flew down when I found them in sea's bottom but they were invisible.  Their name was apparent in mini map yet no people under it.
They were all named in the same way, e.g. MaryAsAnne, JimmieAsConrand and so on.  
They were all of same age, that is one year and some months. I asked them what is it about but they left.  All of them.
All sea of fables was full of them.  I am thunderbolt.

Side note on text,  lots of us here use the dark forum theme and the dark text makes it hard to read.   just an fyi.

• Confused 1

I personally find the "They must be playing Tiny Empires!" goto for what is really bot behavior dated by now.

That text game is ancient and from what I see, hasn't had any major update to it since its inception.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I personally find the "They must be playing Tiny Empires!" goto for what is really bot behavior dated by now.

But whenever you take the time to check their associations on the TE website you'll find that they are part of the TE pyramid scheme, be it dated or not. These circular assemblies are still a very common and not highly appreciated sights on the ocean regions around Nautilus and other sea regions. So, dated or not, their association with the pyramid schem parts of TE exists. Bot or not is a question best answered by their owners, but that they are usually specifically created and/or used to boost someones ranking in TE is quite obvious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarlaWetter said:

But whenever you take the time to check their associations on the TE website you'll find that they are part of the TE pyramid scheme, be it dated or not. These circular assemblies are still a very common and not highly appreciated sights on the ocean regions around Nautilus and other sea regions. So, dated or not, their association with the pyramid schem parts of TE exists. Bot or not is a question best answered by their owners, but that they are usually specifically created and/or used to boost someones ranking in TE is quite obvious.

but, regardless of what they're doing in TE, at least the bot owners are being considerate (IMHO) by putting them in out of he way places so as to not bug/spam/lag/annoy people.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, belindacarson said:

but, regardless of what they're doing in TE, at least the bot owners are being considerate (IMHO) by putting them in out of he way places so as to not bug/spam/lag/annoy people.

Evade getting abuse reported you mean .. can't report bots that run away as soon as you appear.

2 hours ago, belindacarson said:

I wouldn't say waterways are out of the way, they are fairly high traffic areas. Run a few boats through there and it is not long before the homestead is at capacity and boats are queuing up to pass through.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.