IS THIS SOMTHING THAT HAPPENS OFFTEN?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I split up my 8192 parcels to sell. Someone bought one of the plots today and then abandoned it as soon as they bought it and all the stuff I left for them to use. Is this normal?  Should I do anything? I guess I just don't understand why someone would do this? Must be nice lol

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Andraca/129/195/37

Well, if they bought it and decided to abandon it that's their choice. There is nothing for you to "do" or that you can do because the land is no longer yours. Perhaps they had buyer's remorse and just didn't want to deal with having to sell it or they decided to reduce their tier level. You just don't know.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

First of all, this is a lovely parcel with a nice home and beautiful landscaping.

The person who bought the land and then abandoned it is a 2 day avatar. One would have to ask that person to get the reason for this strange behavior, but I would guess that they  did this by mistake or they were just fooling around to see how land sales worked and decided to use their tier somewhere else. Or they decided SL was not for them, never to be seen again.

You retain ownership of all the objects. If you wish you may go pick them up.

Actually the objects might have confused them. They are no transfer so the new owner saw all this stuff they could not edit or move. If they had turned on auto return, it all would have poofed but perhaps they did not know how.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MariahMaximilliana said:

So I split up my 8192 parcels to sell. Someone bought one of the plots today and then abandoned it as soon as they bought it and all the stuff I left for them to use. Is this normal?  Should I do anything? I guess I just don't understand why someone would do this? Must be nice lol

suggest you be careful and not commit the L$ to another purchase for a wee while, and wait and see if Recovery Linden reclaims the L$

there has been some people coming on the forums recently, asking why Recovery Linden has been taking L$ back out of their accounts

i dunno exactly the details of the whys, but if this is a 2 day old account then the account could be a part of a bot program with a bunch of stolen credit card numbers doing stuff for the lolz

if Linden do take the L$ back then you should be able to file a Support Ticket to get the parcel back. Could also file a Support Ticket now and say what has happened, so is a written record, should it all go wrong for you later on

Edited by Mollymews
recently
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

suggest you be careful and not commit the L$ to another purchase for a wee while, and wait and see if Recovery Linden reclaims the L$

there has been some people coming on the forums recently, asking why Recovery Linden has been taking L$ back out of their accounts

i dunno exactly the details of the whys, but if this is a 2 day old account then the account could be a part of a bot program with a bunch of stolen credit card numbers doing stuff for the lolz

if Linden do take the L$ back then you should be able to file a Support Ticket to get the parcel back. Could also file a Support Ticket now and say what has happened, so is a written record, should it all go wrong for you later on

That's very interesting. Can you link to the post where that is?  Most SL users are not on the forum so what happens if I sell a parcel for 5000L and I go spend it and have nothing left? What does LL have to "recover"?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

That's very interesting. Can you link to the post where that is?  Most SL users are not on the forum so what happens if I sell a parcel for 5000L and I go spend it and have nothing left? What does LL have to "recover"?

i hunted thru my posts as I did comment on some of the posts about this, and say to the OPs to file a Support Ticket

all the threads and posts about this have been taken down by Linden.  Which they do when is a security matter

and if the OP is a victim of the same security matter then this thread probably get taken down as well

on the second.  Is possible for our L$ balance to go negative. The most common is when our account is contributing costs to a group, and we never log in for some time. Can log in and find we have negative L$

altho in cases where Recovery Linden gets involved they often exercise discretion, depending on the circumstances

edit more for completenees

on one of the posts the person included a screenshot of their transaction history. One day they had 4 thousand something L$. Next day they had L$0. The whole lot was reclaimed by Recovery Linden.  And the person was wondering why. So tell them to file a Support TIcket to find out why

Edited by Mollymews
typso
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i hunted thru my posts as I did comment on some of the posts about this, and say to the OPs to file a Support Ticket

all the threads and posts about this have been taken down by Linden.  Which they do when is a security matter

and if the OP is a victim of the same security matter then this thread probably get taken down as well

I hadn't read about this sort of thing before; very interesting! Here's one of the threads I think you were looking for: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MariahMaximilliana said:

Thanks all. I think I am going to make a ticket about it just in case. 

Don't, it's a waste of support's time. The moment that person bought your land its no longer yours and there are no ifs, when's or but's.

What they do with their new land is none of your business at all.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

Don't, it's a waste of support's time. The moment that person bought your land its no longer yours and there are no ifs, when's or but's.

What they do with their new land is none of your business at all.

Unless, as theorized above, there was some trouble with the account that purchased the land and its finances that were used to buy the land from OP.

It won't hurt a thing for OP to get something on the record. I assure you that LL can handle the burden of one more ticket. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MariahMaximilliana said:

Thanks all. I think I am going to make a ticket about it just in case. 

it doesn't hurt to play/practice/ safely. I would put in a Support Ticket myself if this same situation Is not so much about the buyer's behaviour. Is all about the money in your account. You want to be able to keep it.  And if that turns out to not be the case, then would want to get the land back

i may have caused a tempest in posting what I have, and your situation turns out to be a big fuss about nothing. Which is actually the preferred outcome - a big fuss about nothing

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 8:49 PM, MariahMaximilliana said:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Andraca/129/195/37

I have seen it all. I have seen something pay US $1100 -- yes, you read that right -- for a quarter of a sim, and then dump off half of that without selling it, and then parcel up and sell or rent the rest, without batting an eye. They were willing to spend US $500 just to get that parcel on offer for that size on the auction (on Blake Sea) -- and not even bother to try to sell that hind land in the back of the sim -- which they might do but it would take longer nowadays. That's because they will rent or sell it for such fantastic sums that the $500 they just lost will disappear in no time. Nope, out the door it goes, to be given to Lindens to try to auction again, this time with no waterfront.

I've seen people repeatedly beg me to sell land they wanted, and when I have an occasion to finally sell it to them, they dump it a month later. Some people aren't really in tune with the fact that tier bills repeat every month.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.