How!? I am beyond frustrated with this stupid thing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

EEP is by far one of the most freaking ANNOYING things LL has ever come up with. Why this stupid thing replaced windlight, know one freaking knows! Bloody hell.....

OK! So I go into region details, and under the environment tab I drag the eep I want to use and it changes.....in text only, it does not visually change on my screen. Its not applying at all! Its the same eep/windlight I had before. I relogged and still no changes. What the hell! 

Edit: reset all caches, relogged, and still no changes. How the HELL do you visually see a EEP you changed in under environment in region details???????????? And why is this so stupidly complicated??????? 

Edit 2: OK! So going in under region details, environment tab and changing it doesn't do anything. You have to right click the actual EEP (sky and water separately) from your inventory, and click on "apply to parcel" to see the changes. Wow. How stupid....

Edited by Chris Nova
  • Like 5

in region details you are changing eep for the region itself not the parcel.. Parcels and regions can have different EEP settings, and what you see will depend on your own viewer settings as to whether you are set to see region, parcel, or personal. To change EEP for the parcel you can either right click it in inventory or you have to edit land info (parcel details) and drag it into the elevation level for environment. Both ways work, personally I always drag into the land info when in changing parcel EEP as i have different settings for different heights which are different from the main region EEP settings.

On 4/1/2022 at 2:20 PM, Chris Nova said:

EEP is by far one of the most freaking ANNOYING things LL has ever come up with. Why this stupid thing replaced windlight, know one freaking knows! Bloody hell.....

OK! So I go into region details, and under the environment tab I drag the eep I want to use and it changes.....in text only, it does not visually change on my screen. Its not applying at all! Its the same eep/windlight I had before. I relogged and still no changes. What the hell! 

Edit: reset all caches, relogged, and still no changes. How the HELL do you visually see a EEP you changed in under environment in region details???????????? And why is this so stupidly complicated??????? 

Edit 2: OK! So going in under region details, environment tab and changing it doesn't do anything. You have to right click the actual EEP (sky and water separately) from your inventory, and click on "apply to parcel" to see the changes. Wow. How stupid....

You need to Use Shared Environment under World/Environment

735278255_World-EnvironmentMenu.png.cad62a3c6f592ca162e2455942a8664a.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HunniHope said:

in region details you are changing eep for the region itself not the parcel.. Parcels and regions can have different EEP settings, and what you see will depend on your own viewer settings as to whether you are set to see region, parcel, or personal. To change EEP for the parcel you can either right click it in inventory or you have to edit land info (parcel details) and drag it into the elevation level for environment. Both ways work, personally I always drag into the land info when in changing parcel EEP as i have different settings for different heights which are different from the main region EEP settings.

Yeah, that didn't work for me at all. I spent hours messing with it before I came here. And since I have a homestead thats not parceled, I guess clicking "apply to parcel" when there isn't one actually applies to the whole region. 

14 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

And since I have a homestead thats not parceled, I guess clicking "apply to parcel" when there isn't one actually applies to the whole region. 

If you haven't subdivided the whole region into smaller parcels, isn't then the whole region also a parcel? A whole region sized parcel.
I have never owned a whole region, so the above is just my intuitive guess. So just apply the EEP setting to parcel and observe does it apply to your whole region.

6 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

If you haven't subdivided the whole region into smaller parcels, isn't then the whole region also a parcel? A whole region sized parcel.
I have never owned a whole region, so the above is just my intuitive guess. So just apply the EEP setting to parcel and observe does it apply to your whole region.

I said it did in my original post. So yes, you're right that a whole undivided region is one parcel lol. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.