How do I allow my partner to terraform land?

RyanJoshua

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! I purchased a parcel of mainland and I added a group, but I did not deed it.  In order for my partner to terraform the land, do I need to deed it to the group?    < I don't want to leave the edit terrain thing on all of the time>   Thanks for any help you can offer  

Yes, the group will need to be the owner of the land, and you'll need to give your partner that ability in the group. Make sure that your group has sufficient land allowance to own the land, and if necessary, check "owner makes contribution with deed" when you deed the parcel to the group. 

That depends on how you have your group settings. Under Abilities, look for "Accounting". Check the box next to "Pay group liabilities and receive group dividends" ONLY in the roles you want to share in proceeds from sale of group land. In my land group, I have that box checked only for the group owner (me), so that when I sell a parcel, all the money comes directly to me.

It doesn't have to be deeded, only set to Group. Then you can in the options for that land set the permissions to allow anyone in that group to edit terrain. It's how my male alt is set up, we're in a private group and can both edit land (and rezz things, etc) when we have the group tag active.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

It doesn't have to be deeded, only set to Group. Then you can in the options for that land set the permissions to allow anyone in that group to edit terrain. It's how my male alt is set up, we're in a private group and can both edit land (and rezz things, etc) when we have the group tag active.

This might work if there are only two people in the group, and you want them both to be able to edit terrain. However, if there are people in the group you don't want to edit the terrain, it won't work. The OP said they didn't want to leave "edit terrain" checked, so I went with the most conservative approach to lock down who can edit the terrain.

usually with groups then we set up the Officer role for most every Group Abilities, except for those abilities we want to not let them have. Like sell the land, create roles, accounting, etc, those we want to preserve to ourselves as owner

anyone else can also be invited to join the group, in the Everyone role, with minimal abilities

invite your partner to be an Officer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.