Is hate real a virtual game?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It may help to write out why you're feeling angry, to try to understand why this other person is making you feel angry.

This one generally works for me. I keep a diary. It's interesting to read a year afterwards; cathartic. 

All of your post was really wonderful though actually. 

• Thanks 1

Speaking for me, that's a clear no. I can be enraged for sure, but that dies down as quick as it flares up. I can be angry at people, I can hold a grudge on someone who hurt me, but ultimately, that's going to die down as well. Hate, I believe, is a more lasting feeling for me, that I reserve for monstrous people who hurt me deeper and longer than anyone in SL would be capable of. Their power over me ends as soon as I hit that x, and then they do not matter anymore.

• Like 3

Believe it or not i don't have anger issues , indeed the greatest compliment i ever got was from a very well spoken and educated woman who became very wealthy owning the kind of pubs that many refuse to enter . Wow she said heres a free beer mr stoical himself . She had the vocabulary to express what many others have witnessed over the in disbelieving shock over the years given my known ability to defend myself and more .

On that occasion I explained to her the guy was upset and can't handle his beer is all , he will text me in 10 minutes saying i love you i'm sorry . 5 minutes later i showed her that exact text . So yeah i've been the punch bag many times just because its generally accepted "he won't call the police and you can't hurt him anyway" .

I told you a little about my upbringing on another thread and as a child i understood when my mother took out her frustration on me , typically my younger siblings would trigger the rage and i would step forward to take the punishment for them . So yeah i have many times let a direct physical assault on me slide without consequence because empathy allows me to recognize it was actually directed at me but rather they were lashing out at their own frustrations in something of a safe zone .

My trigger is something that seems laser etched in my DNA is a violent objection to bullies and even then most often if its directed at me i just laugh and walk away .

The demise relates to in loose terms a group (or were they alts ?) dedicating a year towards befriending me , then a year towards making my sl miserable with mind games , then a year after i blocked those i knew to be involved and deleting my entire contact list , following me around from sim to sim if not insulting me directly then sending IM to anyone i spoke to .

Ultimately i decided right if its hostile you want i can do that better than most and i stopped moving and interacting "bring it to me" . They still check up on me now occasionally , with alts of course , ironically trying to friend me . I suppose some now realize they took the game too far while others still want to win the dollar bet by making me quit .

I'm not traumatized I just see life as it is and talk candidly about it , I've led an interesting one and i wouldn't change it in any significant way if i could because it left me well set to deal with anything life might throw at me . I don't like confrontation or violence , which is maybe why i turn into a wild animal when cornered into it .

Bullies don't tread where they have something to fear .

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, MalibuBratz said:

I honestly dont care about people enough to hate them lol,  like if you annoy i'll block you i'm not wasting my energy on drama. 

It's not a good idea to isolate yourself that much. Unless you plan on dying fairly young, you're going to need people when you get old(er).

19 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

It's not a good idea to isolate yourself that much. Unless you plan on dying fairly young, you're going to need people when you get old(er).

I'm talking about SL, and blocking someone I dont like is not gonna affect me at all lol. I don't believe in keeping people I dont like around me just because I'll "need" (whatever you mean by that) people when i'll get old. And that's for both SL and RL. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MalibuBratz said:

I'm talking about SL, and blocking someone I dont like is not gonna affect me at all lol. I don't believe in keeping people I dont like around me just because I'll "need" (whatever you mean by that) people when i'll get old. And that's for both SL and RL. 

I just wouldn't want to see you end up blocking so many that you have isolated yourself. Believe me, it's not pleasant if you are the type that needs companionship occasionally at least.

I do the same thing. And now that I am old, there is no one either online or in RL.

Sorry got to go. I'd say more but I have to take someone to surgery today.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I just wouldn't want to see you end up blocking so many that you have isolated yourself. Believe me, it's not pleasant if you are the type that needs companionship occasionally at least.

I do the same thing. And now that I am old, there is no one either online or in RL.

Sorry got to go. I'd say more but I have to take someone to surgery today.

I think you took my post a little bit to seriously tbh but I get what you're saying. I'm a very social person so i'm not isolating myself at all, what I meant is that I would never go as far as hating someone because to hate someone you usually have to invest yourself into that person, and I dont do that. If I dislike someone I just cut them off, i'm not going put energy into a person I dont like to the point of hating them. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, cunomar said:

Believe it or not i don't have anger issues , indeed the greatest compliment i ever got was from a very well spoken and educated woman who became very wealthy owning the kind of pubs that many refuse to enter . Wow she said heres a free beer mr stoical himself . She had the vocabulary to express what many others have witnessed over the in disbelieving shock over the years given my known ability to defend myself and more .

On that occasion I explained to her the guy was upset and can't handle his beer is all , he will text me in 10 minutes saying i love you i'm sorry . 5 minutes later i showed her that exact text . So yeah i've been the punch bag many times just because its generally accepted "he won't call the police and you can't hurt him anyway" .

I told you a little about my upbringing on another thread and as a child i understood when my mother took out her frustration on me , typically my younger siblings would trigger the rage and i would step forward to take the punishment for them . So yeah i have many times let a direct physical assault on me slide without consequence because empathy allows me to recognize it was actually directed at me but rather they were lashing out at their own frustrations in something of a safe zone .

My trigger is something that seems laser etched in my DNA is a violent objection to bullies and even then most often if its directed at me i just laugh and walk away .

The demise relates to in loose terms a group (or were they alts ?) dedicating a year towards befriending me , then a year towards making my sl miserable with mind games , then a year after i blocked those i knew to be involved and deleting my entire contact list , following me around from sim to sim if not insulting me directly then sending IM to anyone i spoke to .

Ultimately i decided right if its hostile you want i can do that better than most and i stopped moving and interacting "bring it to me" . They still check up on me now occasionally , with alts of course , ironically trying to friend me . I suppose some now realize they took the game too far while others still want to win the dollar bet by making me quit .

I'm not traumatized I just see life as it is and talk candidly about it , I've led an interesting one and i wouldn't change it in any significant way if i could because it left me well set to deal with anything life might throw at me . I don't like confrontation or violence , which is maybe why i turn into a wild animal when cornered into it .

Bullies don't tread where they have something to fear .

Offers you some cookies.   

Gingerbread-Men-1.thumb.jpg.70b9276a127627a30a5573d00b7abb38.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I don’t get slapstick either, sometimes it’s just so simplistically stupid it’s comical though (and maybe that’s exactly the point of it?!) 

I have to say I love Mr Bean, my mother absolutely hated it while my dad and I would be in stitches watching it 😄 I also love Father Ted but that was an absolute pillar of the state here in Ireland… everyone can relate culturally to Father Ted here. From the ultra-bigoted parishioners to the drunken priest to the womaniser bishop, the only normal guy seems to be the PP (Ted) and the Chinese restaurateur 😄

I checked out a bit of Mr. Bean and yes his humor is funny to me too. I can enjoy both the more visual type of humor (as his is) and the more cerebral kind. I suppose it depends a lot on my mood. I've always enjoyed how Robin Williams combined the visual & cerebral types of humor so skillfully.

I've done a min deep-dive into humor, and it's really complicated!  And nobody has all the answers.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/whats-so-funny-the-science-of-why-we-laugh/
I think one part of why we find something funny is the surprise element. I had the greatest time with my grandson when he was around 6 weeks old, making all sorts of strange faces and gurgling, chirping, snorting sounds while watching his reaction. He would burst out gleefully laughing as long as it was a new sound -- if it was the same sound I previously made he would look totally bored and almost angry...lol. He wanted that surprise, the novel experience, it seems.

Some more Mary Katherine Gallagher, who constantly has trouble with her Catholic school:

mary katherine gallagher kisses tree.gif

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cunomar said:

Believe it or not i don't have anger issues

Yes, when someone flies into a rage over minor frustrations in life, or when they act out their anger in ways that hurt themselves and/or others THEN is when we need to advise that a person seek anger management assistance. They do NOT need anger management when they're simply feeling intense anger as a result of severe abuse. Imagine, as an example, someone dealing with the trauma of either r-a-p-e or the murder of their child -- would we say the valid feelings of intense anger in response to these actions meant they had anger issues or needed "anger management"?  Of course not.

When we see someone voice their intense anger (especially when fantasies of revenge are part of the expression) it's uncomfortable and we tend to shut them down by saying their anger is 'wrong' or in need of some sort of management, minimizing or simply not understanding the experiences said person is going through which evoked the anger.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

If the incident is a more serious one that I've decided requires a response to correct the person's behavior, but I don't have a normal, legal means to do so, I may as a last resort decide to hex them. This seems to usually work for me, though I can't control specifically how it's going to work. Because this tactic can have serious consequences for the other person and sometimes for me as well, I avoid using magic as a response to anger or hurt feelings, and save it for when I feel I need to protect myself or others. It does make me feel impowered though, and because I feel impowered, my anger usually goes away.

One of my favorite spells for when I feel very angry with someone who I can't otherwise interact with is to make gingerbread cookies and designate each of them as one of the people I'm angry with. Then I eat the cookies. I call these, "Eat My Enemies Cookies".  🍪😁

Rituals can be amazing. Once I followed the advice of a healer-friend from California that required ocean water. My daughter who lives in California mailed me some, and I followed the instructions.  It did help at the time -- I just hope the neighbors weren't watching me dancing around sprinkling ocean water and setting fires in the backyard   :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Some more Mary Katherine Gallagher, who constantly has trouble with her Catholic school:

mary katherine gallagher kisses tree.gif

That’s really interesting Luna, I enjoyed reading that and your experience with your grandson seems to track mine with my two kids. They also enjoyed the novelty of whatever entertainment we offered to them… the surprise element would make them burst out in giggles. Second and third time around they would almost appear puzzled at why we kept doing the same thing over and over again. I suppose it can explain why some gags are not as funny second time around.

I actually am laughing at that video, maybe because I can relate to it (minus french kissing the tree 🤣) as I went to an all female boarding school… some girls were that frustrated 🤣

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I actually am laughing at that video, maybe because I can relate to it (minus french kissing the tree 🤣) as I went to an all female boarding school… some girls were that frustrated 🤣

Apparently you girls just didn't know what you were missing!   😆
https://www.elitedaily.com/news/world/woman-marrying-tree-best-sex/977768

tree love.jpg

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

I never hate people,

but dislike , yes

its not only in SL ,  I was in online gaming , and yes some people I dislike

some are *****, other are cheatar, and many are liar and untrustfull

Yahoo Cribbage was pretty cutthroat back in the day.

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.