Mesh skirt

bidulette Elton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

The easy answer is that a mesh skit doesn't exist, but a prim skirt does.  Until mesh is available on the main grid -- August, September, October, never??? ---  there are NO mesh objects.  The better answer is that sculpty skirts, which do exist and are sort of like mesh skirts will be some day, are single-prim objects that can have an organic shape.  Sculpty skirts, therefore, have the advantage of being low-prim and intricately shaped.  Prim skirts, on the other hand, are made of many (15 to 50, typically) simple prims linked together to make a whole garment. Because prim skirts can be flexi (which sculpty skirts cannot), they have the advantage of being articulated so that they can flow as you walk and can respond to wind. 

As a clothing designer and as a customer, I prefer prim skirts myself. Sculpty skirts are nice, especially short ones, but they are always rigid.  To my eye, they look like I'm wearing a bucket around my waist.  For clothing that I design and sll, I use sculpty elements for attachments like bows and belts, but avoid them for the skirt itself.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.