Legacy hud not working

Yamiko225

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hey guys. me and a friend is having a issue with the legacy hud. the style tab is stuck on the "loading your style". i contacted the Meshbody team and after following all their steps, they could not tell what was the issue.

➺Media is enabled

➺Both Dullahan and SLPlugin are whitelisted on my firewall/antivirus and is showing on my tast manager
➺ getting this link of the media playing showing the hud is sorta working (https://gyazo.com/3cb787ee0be1a9c4989c8742060c3396) Screenshot taken from this post (

) as i could not take the screenshot without having the link disapearing

If anybody could help me to get this hud working, that would be awesome. 

Thank you for your time!

I've had a ton of HUD issues today with a few different HUDs. 

I don't understand why the devs could not help.  I'm sure they advised things like script enabled sim, reboot the HUD and your viewer. If all else fails go get a redelivery and you have fresh everything.  Good luck.

10 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

I've had a ton of HUD issues today with a few different HUDs. 

I don't understand why the devs could not help.  I'm sure they advised things like script enabled sim, reboot the HUD and your viewer. If all else fails go get a redelivery and you have fresh everything.  Good luck.

the thing is, i cant get a redelivery since their hud is using the media. and i know it wont change anything since my friends had a fresh new legacy body and the hud never worked :/. 

Just now, Yamiko225 said:

I see :/. As much i love this body, it's really being a pain. Why they had to do a HUD that use media and not a normal HUD like other bodies 

Nobody really knows but it's always been the biggest risk with purchasing Legacy. They could withdraw service and go down forever at any time without notice and from that moment on, every Legacy body is basically a brick.

Every other body would continue to work in-world even if the creator no longer supported it.

• Like 7

This is actually not an uncommon thing for Legacy from what I hear. I, personally have not run in to it, but a few people on SL I spoke to have it happen all the time. They usually have to redeliver the body entirely to get it working again(from the redelivery terminal in the store).

Unless it wasn't a server issue and more of a "body decided to stop working" issue.

Edited by CalypsoJewel

1 minute ago, CalypsoJewel said:

Unless it wasn't a server issue ...

But this time it is. See below:

Tracing route to thesho.ps [54.153.115.114]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    22 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.254
  2     4 ms     4 ms     3 ms  172.16.13.44
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4    10 ms     9 ms     9 ms  62.172.102.70
  5    11 ms    11 ms    13 ms  core3-hu0-16-0-6.faraday.ukcore.bt.net [62.172.103.27]
  6    10 ms    10 ms    10 ms  166-49-209-132.gia.bt.net [166.49.209.132]
  7    11 ms    11 ms    11 ms  212.119.4.140
  8    11 ms    11 ms    11 ms  ae-7.r20.londen12.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.140]
  9    83 ms    83 ms    83 ms  ae-7.r20.nwrknj03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.147]
 10   148 ms   148 ms   147 ms  ae-4.r24.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.177]
 11   144 ms   141 ms   147 ms  ae-0.a02.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.73]
 12   152 ms   172 ms   152 ms  ae-1.amazon.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [157.238.179.94]
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

• Like 2

I presume, if you've already set up your Legacy body to BOM, you could carry on using it as-is for the most part, without really needing the hud?  I'm guessing you can't change nail polish or foot height though.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CalypsoJewel said:

This is actually not an uncommon thing for Legacy from what I hear.

From the odd alt or two in the TMP Lagacy group what ever it's called server downtime is not uncommon. If it's planned maintenance there has been notice's sent out. it's the biggest thing other than the price tag that puts me off Lagacy

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I presume, if you've already set up your Legacy body to BOM, you could carry on using it as-is for the most part, without really needing the hud?  I'm guessing you can't change nail polish or foot height though.  

Foot height, nails style, neck fitting, default shininess and bumpiness, hiding/show layers (plus socks/gloves), hand poses and alpha cuts are all in the other part of the HUD that doesn't need media to work. So yeah, can't change nail polish, use applier skin and other appliers from the library and enable/disable neck fixer, which no one should ever enable to begin with.

Media based HUD shouldn't be a thing, don't get me wrong, especially one that relies on 3rd party servers. But I don't think I've used it once after applying BoM for well over a year, and I don't intend to. Keeping a couple of ready-to-use copies of the body just in case is a good idea, though. Then again I keep such for the mesh heads, maitreya and so on. It's just easier and much faster to start experimenting with a setup copy, than go through initial setup each time I feel like trying something that could or would break the body or head, so doing it on the main worn ones is a bad idea.

P.S.

Your traceroute doesn't really show up anything. Servers are up now (not sure if they were down before), and trace still cuts. In many cases it's perfectly normal and very much depends on the configuration as some hops and servers do not respond to ICMP. Ping (or make a traceroute to) microsoft.com for example. It will be the same, but it doesn't mean it's down.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 5

On 3/30/2022 at 1:58 PM, CalypsoJewel said:

This is actually not an uncommon thing for Legacy from what I hear. I, personally have not run in to it, but a few people on SL I spoke to have it happen all the time. They usually have to redeliver the body entirely to get it working again(from the redelivery terminal in the store).

Unless it wasn't a server issue and more of a "body decided to stop working" issue.

the thing is, i cant get it redelivered. their terminal use the media which is also not working. 

And i think getting it redelivered wont change anything, My friends had a new fresh one that she just purshased and it didnt work since the start

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Yamiko225 said:

the thing is, i cant get it redelivered. their terminal use the media which is also not working. 

And i think getting it redelivered wont change anything, My friends had a new fresh one that she just purshased and it didnt work since the start

I'm really sorry. =( Best you can do is try and contact them about it. I hear their customer service isn't great, but this may be something they can help with as it won't actually cost them anything.

20 minutes ago, CalypsoJewel said:

I'm really sorry. =( Best you can do is try and contact them about it. I hear their customer service isn't great, but this may be something they can help with as it won't actually cost them anything.

i actually did contacted them. which didnt help at all. after following all their steps they told me "well i cant help you mod, you need to contact Firestorm as it might be the viewer the issue"

But i also tried on Alchemy and the hud is still not working at all so its not the viewer 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

Foot height, nails style, neck fitting, default shininess and bumpiness, hiding/show layers (plus socks/gloves), hand poses and alpha cuts are all in the other part of the HUD that doesn't need media to work. So yeah, can't change nail polish, use applier skin and other appliers from the library and enable/disable neck fixer, which no one should ever enable to begin with.

Media based HUD shouldn't be a thing, don't get me wrong, especially one that relies on 3rd party servers. But I don't think I've used it once after applying BoM for well over a year, and I don't intend to. Keeping a couple of ready-to-use copies of the body just in case is a good idea, though. Then again I keep such for the mesh heads, maitreya and so on. It's just easier and much faster to start experimenting with a setup copy, than go through initial setup each time I feel like trying something that could or would break the body or head, so doing it on the main worn ones is a bad idea.

P.S.

Your traceroute doesn't really show up anything. Servers are up now (not sure if they were down before), and trace still cuts. In many cases it's perfectly normal and very much depends on the configuration as some hops and servers do not respond to ICMP. Ping (or make a traceroute to) microsoft.com for example. It will be the same, but it doesn't mean it's down.

i agree with you, Media HUD should not be a thing. no idea why they did that. I guess to be more "fancy" but its actually trashy.

But as a skin maker, i go both legacy applier for the spec and bump and BoM so i kinda need the hud to work lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yamiko225 said:

i actually did contacted them. which didnt help at all. after following all their steps they told me "well i cant help you mod, you need to contact Firestorm as it might be the viewer the issue"

But i also tried on Alchemy and the hud is still not working at all so its not the viewer 

Just shows how competent they are. "We can't fix it, so it's not our problem". Many tried to warn others when the body came out, as it's from the same body company that did the same thing before, yanked the server, and left everybody with a useless body. As much as they tried to claim they're not the same people, they certainly are. Same region, same practices, same bs.

You can certainly get a similar(not exact) shape on Reborn if you want to go that route lol

Edited by CalypsoJewel
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, CalypsoJewel said:

Just shows how competent they are. "We can't fix it, so it's not our problem". Many tried to warn others when the body came out, as it's from the same body company that did the same thing before, yanked the server, and left everybody with a useless body. As much as they tried to claim they're not the same people, they certainly are. Same region, same practices, same bs.

You can certainly get a similar(not exact) shape on Reborn if you want to go that route lol

ye i got the reborn too and im starting to use it more and more with that legacy BS. It just i like the legacy yea for it shape, but as a furry skin maker, the legacy doesnt ***** up the UV map like the reborn, belleza, kurpa and some other body. Which create seams on marking like stripes i do :/.

2 hours ago, Yamiko225 said:

i agree with you, Media HUD should not be a thing. no idea why they did that.

The old TMP didn't need media (on a prim) to access the server it didn't use appliers and wasn't compatible with Omega what ever you'd use appliers for pre BoM you had to buy an installer the only place i recall seeing installers for sale was at Redgrave skins the textures had to be put on their server possibly not by the creator of the texture. I'm guessing something about needing media enabled makes it possible to identify who owns a full Lagacy/Classic body and and is allowed to access their old TMP content, and those like one of my alts who had TMP's free body and is prevented from using the HUD to access their textures on the L$1/free Classic body

• 1 month later...

Ok, I have finally found a place to vent. What is up with this hud issue with Legacy, that ask you to pay 5k for a body and now the HUD just up and stop working. I went to their site to see if anyone can help and I was told to redelivery and guess what, that want load. Legacy really needs to fix this. 

Edited by GQEnterprizeOwner
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, GQEnterprizeOwner said:

Ok, I have finally found a place to vent. What is up with this hud issue with Legacy, that ask you to pay 5k for a body and now the HUD just up and stop working. I went to their site to see if anyone can help and I was told to redelivery and guess what, that want load. Legacy really needs to fix this. 

If you need a redelivery, you can go to their liveHelp group in world and just type in, redeliver and it will send one automatically..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If you need a redelivery, you can go to their liveHelp group in world and just type in, redeliver and it will send one automatically..

The issue discussed here wouldn't be solved by a redelivery, it's issues caused by Legacy's asinine decision to make the entire body functionality contingent on the presence of an external server (which, at any point can go down or be otherwise inaccessible). You *can* go BoM with the body, which from my understanding fixes most of the gripes with the body, but that only works, if: BoM is already applied, OR, if the remote server is up, which would allow the user to apply BoM.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.