Lag at Linden Stilt Home with New Version of Firestorm

Chase Cusack

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My Linden land is unusable, frame rates around 3-6, with the new Firestorm viewer. Other locations in SL are fine, but my house is useless. Today, I logged on with my laptop which still has the previous version of Firestorm, and everything was fine. Is anyone else having this issue? is there a fix? Appreciate any help.

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

I haven't installed but did you read the RELEASE NOTES?  There are new settings now for you to tinker with that let you "reduce lag". My first thought was that the default of this was higher than your old settings. Did you use RESTORE to put your settings back to what they were previously?   (Not sure if this would help but always a good starting place. )

Inara (Living in a Modem World) most likely has an easy to understand explanation of this. ALWAYS READ THE RELEASE NOTES!!!!!

Chase where did you find the auto tune and restore option? As with you my frame rates have gone stupid low since the update of firestorm in March. I have a laptop with great graphics I even boosted my internet speed to over 400 with Spectrum and the frame rates are ridiculous all over the grid!!!! My other half she has issues with clicking her inventory and something else pops up. She drags something out of her inventory to open it and her clothes come off.  She just relogged and out of the blue her inventory reloaded. 9x out of 10 she has to go to SMITH protected zone to reload her inventory. She has a good computer as well. Right now her frame rate is in the 60s and mine is an 8. Any help would great!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.