I'm looking for an active, inclusive to all avatars music club

hikaricolors

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My avatar is a highly stylized anime character and the couple of active clubs I went to, one I was asked to leave for not having a "normal avatar". I don't want to have this happen again because it's a tiny bit embarrassing. I also understand I can fix this issue by getting a more widely accepted avatar but I do not wish to. So, I figured it would just be best to ask for some nice venues where I will be welcomed. I'm open to all sorts of club suggestions, both music wise and theme-wise. This includes furry places because I understand SL has a large furry population. Thanks!

It's a process of elimination, which you've already begun.  The best way to find places NOT to go is to put on a non-standard "Barbie & Ken" avatar and see who kicks you out.  Don't stop being what you want to be just to satisfy the pixel snobs.  Besides, why hang out with people who will judge you based solely on your appearance, anyway?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

It's a process of elimination, which you've already begun.  The best way to find places NOT to go is to put on a non-standard "Barbie & Ken" avatar and see who kicks you out.  Don't stop being what you want to be just to satisfy the pixel snobs.  Besides, why hang out with people who will judge you based solely on your appearance, anyway?

Thanks, and I suppose you are right. Even if it's less than a wonderful feeling to be asked to leave a place, that way at least I know not to go back there. I need to do some exploring anyway, so hopefully I'll find some good places. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Most of the EDM places don't care what your avatar looks like. Most rock places as well.

Exhale (when the DJs, hosts, and few weird groupies aren't annoyingly chat spamming) for example, has everything under the sun. Human avatars through demonic, tails, fur, fae, fairy, uber exaggerated baby girls, etc.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 11:48 AM, Katherine Heartsong said:

Most of the EDM places don't care what your avatar looks like. Most rock places as well.

Exhale (when the DJs, hosts, and few weird groupies aren't annoyingly chat spamming) for example, has everything under the sun. Human avatars through demonic, tails, fur, fae, fairy, uber exaggerated baby girls, etc.

This is accurate. I've been to enough of those clubs and they don't mind if I come in looking like Wall-E. Haha... No, seriously! Though most of the time these days in SL I'm usually feeling somewhat tomboyish, or in business attire.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.