Can someone with a free (i.e., non-Premium) account raise a ticket for account restoration?

Kantbe Thursday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm working with an inworld group that conducts competitions in SL. We have a number of rules for the competitions. Recently, we see a need to try to accommodate issues when someone registers for a competition and then has an account hold pending while they try to get things resolved (it was apparently related to the person being away due to COVID). 

Since some of the members have free accounts and no payment transactions, we got to wondering if accounts like that are notified of a hold and have any recourse to determine what's going on and how to resolve whatever the issue might be.

2 answers to this question

The way to find out is to submit a support case and ask Linden Lab directly. Anyone here will be guessing. We're all SL residents, like you.  All we can offer is our anecdotal experience -- probably experience that we remember imperfectly or interpret incorrectly.  Linden Lab will always notify you if your account is on hold because of a Governance action (that is, you were somehow involved in their resolution of a violation of the TOS), and I suspect that the same is true for other sorts of suspensions, but I truly do not know.  I do know, however, that many people routinely ignore or delete messages from LL without reading them. Many messages are also trapped in spam filters or are sent to throwaway e-mail accounts that people forgot about.  I've been participating in the forums for the past 15 years and have seen many versions of those stories.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.