17 year old looking for holiday job

Zead

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Screw working irl ima get a job on the net.

Im 17 male and holidays will be here in a week so im looking for a job lol. if anyone wants to hire me shoot a message.

Things im interested in doing are SEO, marketing, anything that doesn't really need an irl tallent (like how you hire dancers at clubs the person doesn't really need to know how to dance) writing, art, music, philosophy and stuff like that. Its more of a learning experiance im looking for in SEO and Marketing but im quite good at writing (when i can be botherd trying) and philosophy.

i know this isn't much of an aplication but atm i don't know what im interested in so if anyone wants me to do something i'll it out.

Let me understand this right, you don't think SEO or marketing require any RL skills whatsoever? You might do better to impress someone with how hard you work and how good you are at something because my interpretation is that you're really not bothered about it and just want to pass the time. There's nothing wrong with that but from an employers perspective, assuming you want remuneration in return for services offered, it's usually pretty normal to have some effort applied on your part.

In my experience, all jobs require some job skills, even in SL.  If you get a crappy fast-food job in RL, you'll have to learn to show up on time, smile & do what you're told without talking back (which are actually good job skills for most RL jobs). If you get a stripper job in SL, you'll have to be able to sweet-talk customers by saying things that are suggestive but not too dirty (usually). It's alot like doing phone sex or RL retail, because whether you like the customer or not, you have to pretend like you do & make them believe it.  Lot's of jobs look easy from the outside, because people can't see the work the employees really do.

Zead wrote:

Screw working irl ima get a job on the net.

Things im interested in doing are SEO, marketing, anything that doesn't really need an irl tallent

i know this isn't much of an aplication but atm i don't know what im interested in so if anyone wants me to do something i'll it out.

Dear Zead,
I remember the position you are in. I (now 19-age verified resident), had been on the grid too. With other intentions perhaps.
Some advice from person to person, change the attitude. Just because you dont want to be filling stocks in your local supermarket doesn't make you a talented marketeer. These people on the grid may have had to work twice as hard, as any IRL trained marketing-personel. There is no 'give me an office-seat'-system going on here. You will have to work really hard, and find a way to get working. Also even though this world is big, it all depends on reputation. I think you might want to rethink this topic and come back with something proffessional.
Thats what you are looking for is it not? Proffessionality?
Good luck on your 'search',
Fin.

In my well heartedness, i kept it in the back of my mind.

If you are serious about this in the future, and you are planning to stick on the grid for more then a couple of weeks.. You should take this approach:

See if anyone in your friends-zone might have some land, or even a tiny room available for you to lend. When you have establisht such 'office-room' it will be your headquarter, from here you will organize and put up any acts/products you are affiliated with. This way you dont forget or miss out on any tasks you may get. Next thing you want to do is find people, either bands salespeople or landlords that are willing to work with you. That makes you there 'event-contact'. Once you have some 'artists', go find some clubs or stages with a nice visitor-rate. Ask them if they need any musicians. Besides they get there payment through direct payment or tips, you may ask commision for setting them up.

This would be the easyest way for you to earn some money, not much but it is a start for someone without any knowledge of this world.

Give artists a stage and profit a little by there success.

Goodluck.

Zead,

While I am not impressed with your attitude, I am still willing to offer you a comission based sales position. If you are interested  please send me a message in-world. Nintai Brokerage Corporation is currently looking for users to refer others to our services, and, when that happens, we pay a comisssion to the referrer. I'll send you additional information in a notecard if interested.

We take our image very seriously, and I would require absolute commitment that you would be willing to take this seriously as well. From your first impression, you give the idea that you're not willing to do any work if it requires work, and anything you want to be paid for requires some work.

Thanks,

Cecil Niosaki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.