How does someone not on my friend list and not online know whenever I log into SL?

DingIeberry

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This person isn't on my friend list and is blocked by me, we don't follow each other on my.secondlife but somehow knows whenever I log into SL. And nope, I don't wear any attachments or objects given by this person either. I'm just really curious to know how this is possible.

7 answers to this question

Thanks for answering! I've heard that some objects with tracking script allow people to track whoever has it attached, but I haven't worn anything given by him. He'll be offline but comes on the moment I log into SL, do these scripts allow them to do offline tracking?

That's crazy, I've checked the scripts running on my skydome, and there's nothing else running besides the skydome script, and checked all my attachments and nothing was given by him. I'll just have to wait it out. Anyhoo, thanks for helping me out, Madelaine! ❤️

I have an item rezzed on my land that constantly checks the online status of my account and all of my alts.  It sends an email to me anytime any of the accounts log in. I figure that is the fastest way I'm going to know if one of my accounts gets compromised.  

It would be easy enough to add your name or anyone else's to the configuration notecard, such that I'd get a Chat notice or email if you/they logged in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.