Darkraven Danick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Working on deformation to create a macro avatar. 

I manage to make every joint fits perfectly, however, when my avatar is standing on the ground, it keeps "kneeling" since the hip position is low and other parts are longer than usual.... I know I should move the hip position higher but there doesn't seems like any way to deform the hip.... wondering if anyone around that can tell me how to fix this? thanks

PS: I also try using a looping animation to push the avatar's hip into 3 times higher... but it "kneels" in the middle of air.... >.<" but I don't want to cancel the standing animation etc....

okay change my question...

using walk, stand AO to make my avatar's leg in the right place. but there's even more problems.

in my own viewer, my avatar's foot placed in the right position, right above the ground. but in other's viewer, the foot part went into the ground, about 2 meter I guess... and I need to change my shape once until others can see my avatar stand in the correct height.. odd... >.<    

anyone experienced the same bug and can you tell me what to do to make it right? thanks

For avatars that are taller than the norm, with longer legs and so on, you need a new set of animations with the hip height set higher, to match the new length of  the legs. Normal SL animations, including dances, will snap the hip back down to normal, crunching up your legs.

Sinking in the ground is a persistant bug with deforms. Most times, changing to a different sized shape and back will 'reset' your avatar hip height. Change only the shape file and nothing else. This bug isn't seen by everyone at the same time. Sometimes you see it and others don't . Sometimes the other way around. 

Usually when I wear a taller avatar  with deforms, I change the shape back and forth now and then by habit, to correct (hopefully) any problem with sinking. 

Deforms are great for making taller and non human avatars, but have their problems. I'd rather have them than not. They're fun. :)

Burtrum

• Like 1

well so far as I see,  when I test it with my beta tester, the first time I log in, my height is in the correct position, but after 1 time's teleport, things start to go wrong and I'll need to change shape to fix that bug >.<"

but anyway... I do manage to move all parts in lower body a bit higher so it looks "above ground" in other's viewer... except in my own viewer my av look like floating above ground... >.>

if there's any way my avatar can refresh it's shape after TPing, all problems will be sloved. but it doesn't seems like there's any way to do it automatically, not via a script, at least....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.