Automatic Stage Bouncer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I work at a strip club where customers, and griefers, are always getting on stage and causing problems for the dancers.  Are there any scripts or anything else that you are aware of that would bounce people off the stage unless they're wearing the appropriate group tag?

Thank you so much for all your help!

You probably could put an invisible prim wall around the stage.  The invisible wall could have a "door" prim set for group only to all access for them.  I've seen that in a few places. Make sure there's nothing sit-able on the stage and if there's stripper poles they should be set to group only.

35 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Wouldn't that show banlines in the middle of a club?

Yup, but who doesn't want to see them can turn them of in their viewer.
A good security orb could do the trick also I guess.

Edited by Sid Nagy

17 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

You probably could put an invisible prim wall around the stage.  The invisible wall could have a "door" prim set for group only to all access for them.  I've seen that in a few places. Make sure there's nothing sit-able on the stage and if there's stripper poles they should be set to group only.

I'm trying to visualize seeing and finding an invisible door on top of trying to visualize having just the door set to group only.

The invisible prim wall is about the only solution unless they come up with a Roadhouse kind of solution.

originalblues.jpg

I miss Jeff.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Yup, but who doesn't want to see them can turn them of in their browser.
A good security orb could do the trick also I guess.

LL finally added that feature to the official viewer? When did they do that?

Orbs can be tricky to set properly but yeah that might be an option.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

9 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

LL finally added that feature to the official viewer? When did they do that?

Years ago.
I can't even remember anymore what year it was.

World > show > banlines.

I even think default is off.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

What she said... plus make the stage a parcel so you can set a teleport routing to a place above the club. Any attempt to TP onto the stage will be a self-ejection 😁

• Like 1

Could use a separate parcel for the stage without access restrictions (no banlines) and simply llEjectFromLand any intruders. Could detect the intruders by collision with the stage or by sampling llGetAgentList(AGENT_LIST_PARCEL, []) for unauthorized avatars.

• If necessary, persistent offenders could get the llAddToLandBanList treatment which creates a banline only they would see. 
  • I don't think there's any control of where they'd end up when ejected, so unless it's a circular stage or it's backed onto the edge of the world, they could end up outside instead of back in front of the stage. 

Ages and ages ago, I helped a club-owning friend deal with this problem by concocting some sort of physics script. I forget which function worked best, maybe simply llPushObject with escalating force. This would require there be nothing on the stage an intruder could sit on, including dance poles, as Kimmi already noted. Back then it worked well, somehow, and never shot an intruder projectile-like into the crowd—as best I can remember, anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sissykinzs said:

I work at a strip club where customers, and griefers, are always getting on stage and causing problems for the dancers.  Are there any scripts or anything else that you are aware of that would bounce people off the stage unless they're wearing the appropriate group tag?

Thank you so much for all your help!

I am a scripter and yes, what you want is very much possible. It is done by creating an invisible, phantom prim that covers the stage. Just high enough so that avatars that walk on stage will always touch it. Then inside there will be a script which detects when an avatar walks through the prim (it is phantom, after all), the UUID of the avatar will be used to check what kind of attachments they have and then the UUID of the active group of the first attachment will be compared to the UUID of the group allowed on stage.
When an avatar changes their active group, all their attachments will also get that same active group.

If the active group does not match the permitted group, the user can get sent home with relative ease. Bounced off the stage and back into the venue will be less easy to do though

• Like 2

a way to do this without splitting the parcel:

1) set the stage prims to SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY (nobody can right-click Sit on these prims)
2) set the performer poles/chairs to InGroup. llUnSit anyone not InGroup
3) have a orb-like script, llPushObject any avatar not InGroup out of the orb's exclusion zone

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.