Issues with the new Firestorm Release 6.5.3.65658

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just grabbed the new firestorm release and i'm running into issues with the saving of login info. Never had this before i also got a pop up from windows security trying to block the install. No matter what i do the message isn't going away every time i close firestorm and reopen it i get the same message. Is this issue just happening to me or is there anyone else with this issue? - I'm really running out of ideas now.

Capture.PNG

5 minutes ago, Peaches Littlepaws said:

I just grabbed the new firestorm release and i'm running into issues with the saving of login info. Never had this before i also got a pop up from windows security trying to block the install. No matter what i do the message isn't going away every time i close firestorm and reopen it i get the same message. Is this issue just happening to me or is there anyone else with this issue? - I'm really running out of ideas now.

Capture.PNG

From the firestorm blog...

Soon, Linden Lab will release their Multi-Factor Authentication viewer. If you are a user who switches between Firestorm and LL’s SL viewer, there is a good chance your login credentials will need to be manually entered each time you return to Firestorm. We will be working hard to get our next release out in a timely manner so that all users will have the protection of Multi-Factor Authentication as soon as possible.

Also...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

From the firestorm blog...

Soon, Linden Lab will release their Multi-Factor Authentication viewer. If you are a user who switches between Firestorm and LL’s SL viewer, there is a good chance your login credentials will need to be manually entered each time you return to Firestorm. We will be working hard to get our next release out in a timely manner so that all users will have the protection of Multi-Factor Authentication as soon as possible.

Also...

ahh okay thanks. So it's not just a me thing!

22 minutes ago, Peaches Littlepaws said:

Capture.PNG

fs_stored_passwords [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

10 hours ago, Peaches Littlepaws said:

Went through all the steps, doesn't work.

What worked for me was to simply ignore the warning about previously stored credential being deleted. Enter username and password and check the two "Remember" checkboxes. I haven't had the problem since I did that.

There is a downside though. This will delete all stored usernames and passwords for all your alts so you have to reenter the data for each and every one of them. I hope you remember them all.

2022-03-23_Login-not-saved.png.98e402ae653bfb26272105a3e75a5027.png

For me this started happening after Window 10 update. I have to enter the name and password every single time when logging in. I have done exactly all the steps what have been suggested here. Many times over and over again. The login credentials just don't get saved.

I've tried the latest Firestorm (6.5.3.65658) viewer, LL viewer and Catznip viewer. The same thing happens with all of them.

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

2022-03-23_Login-not-saved.png.98e402ae653bfb26272105a3e75a5027.png

For me this started happening after Window 10 update. I have to enter the name and password every single time when logging in. I have done exactly all the steps what have been suggested here. Many times over and over again. The login credentials just don't get saved.

I've tried the latest Firestorm (6.5.3.65658) viewer, LL viewer and Catznip viewer. The same thing happens with all of them.

i went through a Windows 10 update too... maybe you are right this had something to do with it. From now on i'm just gonna have to enter all details manually,no suggestions have worked as of yet.

1 hour ago, Peaches Littlepaws said:

i went through a Windows 10 update too... maybe you are right this had something to do with it. From now on i'm just gonna have to enter all details manually,no suggestions have worked as of yet.

That is precisely what the page told you! 

People need to start actually reading the words in front of them instead of trying to skim for the gist. You screw yourself every time you do that. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.