Am I just old fashioned?

On 6/23/2022 at 1:27 PM, Orwar said:

I differentiate between punishment and funishmentWhat exactly constitutes a proper punishment varies and must of course be consensual (as everything else), but it can be things like if my partner is going out with her friends and I tell her not to drink too much, and she spends all of next day in bed with a hangover - I'll of course let her rest through it and make sure she's properly hydrated, but when she's back on her feet I might hand her a pen and paper and tell her to write 'I shall listen to Orwar, and not drink myself senseless' a hundred times. That'd be a punishment, a disciplinary action to try dissuading bad behaviour - and, for me, that has very rarely been necessary (off the top of my head, I recall doing so thrice over a whole lot of years).

Why would any grown ass adult agree to that lol? This is giving 6th grade lol

On 6/23/2022 at 6:59 AM, Cali Souther said:

I don't know much about BDSM,  so I would never know if someone was knowledgeable or not.  I agree that a nearly blank profile indicates some form of distancing.  It's either an alt or someone who only wants to come into SL to chat about slex etc.   The chances of making a life long friend with someone who has a blank profile are pretty slim. [ except for a brand new resident of course ].

I like when people are upfront about who they are and what they are looking for - saves time!  :)   

in third world country (especially backward cuntry)  sub dom are  really practice in families.

and in western it become pop culture,

🤦‍♂️

facepalm

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

LOL, wanna know what's worse than every guy hitting on you without even reading your profile? Having one read it, agree with it, make friends with you and pal around all respectfully, then slowly begin trying to groom you, while all along dropping all the masks they were wearing, like being uninterested in your gender, or being asexual, or being in a committed thing with someone, and respecting those who have no desire for pixel mixing of an adult nature.

At least most of these types reveal themselves rather quickly, by being impatient and overeager and underestimating the intelligence of their erstwhile groom-ee.

A sure sign you've met one is when you disagree on something they're strongly trying to convince you of, and they instantly go to profanity, abusive language, and attacks on your self esteem.

This is when my toilet launcher comes out and I get to show them MY true nature, too. ^-^

A good skill to develop is pattern recognition. When you see a profile, and your hair goes up and you cringe, and then you find out you were right to feel that way, and it happens about a hundred or so times, you'll be able to spot them a mile off and have fun watching them try to play you.

Nothing frustrates the groomers and manipulators more than realizing every step of the way that you make a hobby of identifying people like them and amusing yourself with their antics until you get to block them and turn them into a cloud. It's so much more fun for some of us than all that sex stuff.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

A sure sign you've met one is when you disagree on something they're suddenly trying to convince you of, and they instantly go to profanity, abusive language, and attacks on your self esteem.

I find it helps if you're always disagreeable to some extent. That way, it keeps the "I'M ALWAYS RIGHT!1!!11!!" crowd at arm's length.

• Like 1

Totally. Seeing that you have your own mind and you're not going to be all aggreeable with everything someone says just to keep them interested in friendship really annoys them. It's also a big show of real honesty on your part, and contrasts awesomely with any diddly doo-doo deception dinkery.

It's hard to manipulate someone who's willing to go friendless in order to stay honest and be a real friend and not a fake one to people.

Real friends disagree all the time and don't get upset by it.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2