Victorians that are ALL BLACK outside!

Fay Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

58 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Where are you seeing this?

I can see one on Forsyte and one on Bertram. Is it just my browser?  I can take you to the places. I have a house near both. Links to my houses, but you can see what I mean there since these houses are close by.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bertram/174/20/23

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Forsyte/88/80/23

I have seen it other places though, and I also have had my own go ink black on me. I had to reset the exterior.

Edited by Fay Starlight
  • Thanks 1

• Moles

That is most peculiar. I had never seen this before, so Quartz showed me two Verne Victorians that were black, as you reported. I checked the system to see what color the owner thought the house was supposed to be, and it definitely was not black.  As far as the system is concerned, one house was pink and the other was green. 

So, I have absolutely no idea how a house ever becomes black, or whether this is unique to the Verne model, but I will find out ... somehow. Meanwhile, the good news is that if this ever happens to you, it's very easy to change the house color with the control panel menu in the house.  It doesn't have to stay black. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dyna Mole said:

That is most peculiar. I had never seen this before, so Quartz showed me two Verne Victorians that were black, as you reported. I checked the system to see what color the owner thought the house was supposed to be, and it definitely was not black.  As far as the system is concerned, one house was pink and the other was green. 

So, I have absolutely no idea how a house ever becomes black, or whether this is unique to the Verne model, but I will find out ... somehow. Meanwhile, the good news is that if this ever happens to you, it's very easy to change the house color with the control panel menu in the house.  It doesn't have to stay black. 

Dyna, in case it helps. It has happened to me a lot when abandoning a Victorian, and I always use the Doyle in white. Several times, when abandoning a parcel, it looks like the system was resetting and the house turned black.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
11 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Dyna, in case it helps. It has happened to me a lot when abandoning a Victorian, and I always use the Doyle in white. Several times, when abandoning a parcel, it looks like the system was resetting and the house turned black.

So, not just in the Verne?  And it's happening on rez and not when you change the color later?  Those are useful things to know. Thanks.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

So, not just in the Verne?  And it's happening on rez and not when you change the color later?  Those are useful things to know. Thanks.

From other friends, I know this has happened when changing from one model to another. In my experience, it was when abandoning a house; as soon as the name of the parcel changed to 'Linden home', the Doyle turned black.  Also, I've landed in a couple of spots with black homes in different models.

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.