360 snapshot jpg doesnt save

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am trying to take a 360 snapshot and it seems to work but no jpg or any image is saved. The buttons create and save turn green sometimes. I can click and drag the preview no problem. But again no file saved. Is there an easy tutorial? My first language is not english. Blogs I found are too complicated for me to understand. It is supposed to be easy to use but Ive been trying all day with no result. A step by step guide would be great. Do I need any special software or plugins? I have a Nvidia geforce rtx 2070 graphics card. 

All you need to do is to click on the "create" button (preferably with "max quality" being checked above said button), then on the "save" one. A file picker window should open, allowing you to save the file in a selected destination directory. If the file was not created, depending on your operating system or antivirus application, check if the viewer has permission to save to that directory (some operating systems / AVs deny saving to some locations because of ransomware protection mechanisms). You may also want to update your viewer or try a different directory, away from the user folders - for example in c:/My360Snaps.

Edited by panterapolnocy

I updated the viewer and tried another directory. It doesnt help. I use the SL viewer. (Not firestorm) When I click the Create 360 image, do I wait untill the button isnt green anymore? How do I know when its ready? 

Edited by Vandeverre

1 hour ago, Vandeverre said:

I updated the viewer

Hm. I guess that you'll need to try to update again when the new version will emerge. The current newest version (https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/viewer/6.5.3.568554.html) was released at February 28, but this fix ("360 Snapshot tool fails to save file to computer", on "DRTVWR-540-maint" branch) was pushed to the code repository at 2nd of March, two days later. You may eventually try to use the maintenance version of the viewer in order to check if the issue is fixed there for you (and it actually may be: "Urgent Fixes - The 360 snapshot capture works again.", see this bug report as well) - but you do this at your own risk.

Edited by panterapolnocy
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.