Why do objects take so long to detach from avatar, and why is the time so variable?

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Alisha Yardley said:

I have been an orange cloud for days now, and cannot detach anything from my avatar.  I've tried everything from logging in at different locations to reinstalling Firestorm.  Nothing is working.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

I guess if you've tried everything, there's no hope. But on the off-chance you haven't tried one of the Character Test avatars (a couple posts above), that might be informative. If it works, you know there's something broken in any outfit you've been using (inventory corruption of an individual item perhaps) so then it's just a matter of assembling some other outfit, item by item. If it doesn't work, then there's almost certainly a problem with your network configuration (or, conceivably, that of your ISP's network) which is a maze of twisty little passages all starting with a router reboot.

2 hours ago, Alisha Yardley said:

I have been an orange cloud for days now, and cannot detach anything from my avatar.  I've tried everything from logging in at different locations to reinstalling Firestorm.  Nothing is working.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Have you tried the SL Official Viewer to see if same happens there? it's at https://www.secondlife.com and then scroll down to bottom of page there's download hyperlink. 

I'm not firestorm savvy at all.

Could perform the character test Qie Niangao mentioned above by going to advanced menu and running a test avatar it will remove everything your avatar is currently wearing and hopefully unjumble what ever's delaying loading. (to see the advanced menu go to your viewer preferences to enable it (unsure location of where to enable in firestorm) 

Maybe you're wearing something that has crazy complexity that could be bogging down rendering?

Maybe try also resetting skeleton and animations by (with the official viewer right clicking the avatar and reset skeleton). 

Maybe try teleporting to sandbox log out and log back in from last location. Maybe the location your logging into is not optimal?

image_2022-06-15_09-32-27.png

Annotation 2022-06-15 094059.jpg

Edited by Paulsian

3 hours ago, Alisha Yardley said:

Alisha, please see https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_bake_fail and read the whole article.  You can try replacing all worn items by a full outfit replace from your outfits folder, always assuming that you have any saved outfits.

Also you might try using the default Linden second Life Viewer:

https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/ and see if you rez on that viewer.

Edited by Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.