Sign in to follow this  
Pussycat Catnap

Churches / Temples in Second Life

I was sure there used to be a thread showing off different churches and temples in Second Life. I just built one myself so I was looking to go and babble about it in that thread, yet search is failing me here. :)

So I'll start a new one.

If you know of any churches, temples, mosques, shrines, etc, post up images and any info (if they have it).

I don't really have any 'info' for mine. Its just a place for people to go on their own and enjoy:

Ethiopian / Rastafarian church:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Blumfield/179/68/27

Church_001.jpg

Church_005.jpg

I've seen one or two here and there around SL. Some of them simple, some of them grand. If you've got any you like, post em up. :)

Oddly enough, I landed right by a church and chapel yesterday while I was inworld. It was on the mainland, sim called Hently on the mainland, just a small part of it was taken up. I didn't get too close in case I got struck by SLightning!!

churches.jpg

Wow Pussycat! That's a wonderful build!

I went to the Sistine Chapel it was incredible. It's nice to see places you'll never see in RL here in SL. Thanks to all the talented builders that make it possible. :)

like you! Hugs!

Hello Pussycat. I really like your creation. Here is the church of St Nicolas at Great Yarmouth. The building is big enough so i had difficulties to get snapshots.

Snapshot_003.png

Snapshot_004.png

Yes there was a topic about churches, where did it go?

Anyway, in our 1920s Berlin sim we have a lovely church, best thing about it that we have a priest who has his services there, even some in latin as they used to do back then!

There is a 1920s Dresscode (freebies at the entrance) and our priest won't hear your confession (his ears are still glowing red from last time) but it is a nice quiet place to contemplate busy life outside or play some organ music.

5209394403_5aa33dd708_z.jpgSnapshot_139.jpg

Yes there was a topic on religious buildings in SL which I started some months ago. Sadly it rapidly degenerated in a religion war and the thread was closed by Joana Moderator in agreement with me as it was going out of control. I hope your thread does not get derailed as mine was, Pussycat. :smileyhappy: (your church is gorgeous, btw)

So I am posting again two of my favorites in SL:

The Mont Saint-Michel

mont saint-michel1.jpg

mont saint-michel2.jpg

And the Sistine Chapel of course

sistine.jpg