my preferences have reset! They will not save

Jhadzia Mfume

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I set my preferences, and when I log out and log in next time, my preferences have reset! They will not save.  I've tried running as administrator. Uninstalling and reinstalling.. nothing seems to work. --TRIED CALLING THE HELPDESK!!  I NEED Help! PLEASE HELP ME?

9 hours ago, Jhadzia Mfume said:

I set my preferences, and when I log out and log in next time, my preferences have reset! They will not save.  I've tried running as administrator. Uninstalling and reinstalling.. nothing seems to work. --TRIED CALLING THE HELPDESK!!  I NEED Help! PLEASE HELP ME?

I'm not sure how this works in other viewers but, with Firestorm, I have sometimes forgotten to click OK before exiting the Preferences menu, and my new settings do not get registered.

Hopefully, you are not as daft as I am, but it's worth a mention!

• Like 1

@Jhadzia MfumeI will assume that when you say your settings are reset on login that they reset to the default: It sounds to me as though you are having a "silent crash" on logout.  I don't know the best course of action for you, I assume your viewer and its files are "whitelisted" in your system's antivirus and that the viewer .exe file is allowed through your Firewall.

All those processes are detailed in the Firestorm wiki and they apply just as well to other viewers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Jhadzia Mfume First, when you ask for technical help post the details of your system... every time you ask a new question in a new thread. Use the viewer's HELP->About... and copy paste that info into your post. With that we have a chance of figuring out what is wrong in YOUR CASE. Otherwise we guess based on everyone's past problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.