Unable to edit posted events if less then 2 hours before expected event.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Whisper Ampan said:

Clubs and Live music events often have last minute changes. It is really frustrating not to be able to edit an event to correct the  performers name  for that time.  I do not see the justification in LL in ceasing this capability.

depending which system you are talking about,  the forum has a hard limit, all forum software has a hard limit,  the one in SL,  I'm not sure that's ever been editable more than it is now.   but again,  it's maybe a hard coded item that needs looked at in more detail, one change to it could throw many other items out of wack too.

• Confused 1

On 3/15/2022 at 2:09 AM, Whisper Ampan said:

Clubs and Live music events often have last minute changes. It is really frustrating not to be able to edit an event to correct the  performers name  for that time.  I do not see the justification in LL in ceasing this capability.

Hi Whisp,  Just want to add my support for changing LL's completely stupid restriction on the SL Event posting time. 

As any club owner or manager knows, artists have a RL and are forced to change their sets at the last minute.  Add that to log in issues and no shows, and finding a new singer or DJ at the last minute is all part of the business.

There is no reason for the 2 hour limit - and in fact there should be no time limit at all, other than posting after an event is over. 

LL also now charges for posting an event, 50L for non premium and 10L for premium.  Paying for a posting service, and then being restricted from changing it to reflect the actual event should not be allowed.  This sounds like no one in LL has any club experience at all.

There was once a work-around to allow last minute editing after the 2 hour restriction.  But I tried that last week, and they have closed the loophole.  Which Linden makes these decisions? 

BTW thanks for your support of Live performers in SL for the last 13 years.  I try to make your early morning (SL time) events at Colour of Whispers, whenever I can.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.