llAttachToAvatarTemp Script Help needed

TauniKingston

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need to script so that an item rezzes then attaches to avatars RHand.  I want the item to rezz above the giver and the person clicks item to attach item to avatar and item remains attached to avatar until detached, even if they teleport off sim.   I have tried several scripts here but none have menu for 3 items, none rezz item above giver, and all scripts have been giving syntax errors. I hope someone can help me.  Thank you.

TauniKingston with some light modding of the scripts from https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlRequestExperiencePermissions you may have what your looking for. I used it for my base rp hud a while back and worked just fine for me. just change llAttachToAvatarTemp(ATTACH_HUD_CENTER_1) to llAttachToAvatarTemp(ATTACH_RHAND) but you will need to have your own Experience or have one you are allowed to code for, I hope it helps you.

@Mia Puddles

For the rez part, just use llRezObject or llRezAtRoot, kinda like ...

touch_start(integer total_number)
    {    string myObj    = llGetInventoryName( INVENTORY_OBJECT,0 );        
         vector myPos    = llGetPos();       
         vector rezPos   = myPos + <0.0, 0.0, 2.0>; // or region coordinates
         vector rezVel   = <1.0, 0.0, 0.0>;
         rotation rezRot = llGetRot(); //  or... ZERO_ROTATION;  .. or ..  llEuler2Rot(<0.0, 0.0, 0.0> * DEG_TO_RAD );         
         integer param   = 0x80000000 | (integer)("0x"+(string)llGetKey() );           
         llRezAtRoot(myObj, rezPos, rezVel, rezRot, param);
    }

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.