Problem with Clothing Loading So Slow..

xValleriex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Help!

I Have a Bit of A Problem But causes a Big Headache.. Umm My Avatars's Items loads Slow..

It works Fast when i Wear an Item but Loads Slow.. Looks like this:

SL.png

As you see, The Skirt is Grey, First it was the Bikini , Then the Hair & Now the Skirt..

The items load Slow, Especially the Hair Which i Had to Restart Phoenix Viewer 2 Times -.-'

My Connection is Fast, Everythings Fine, And yet My Laptop Just turned 1 Week Old Today

But the Avatar's Clothings loads Definitely Slow.. Is there Anyway i Can Get rid of This Problem?

Well the Skin, The Shape & The Skin Oil Works Well, Help...Anyone?

Hello Vallerie. At first i think you need some more patience especially if your laptop is so new. You have to download from the beginning everything you see arround (textures). You don't need to relog because your hair have a delay to load for example.

The first you must to do, (suggested to do it every time you log in) is to open your inventory, to type something in search there and to wait fetching all your items till the last one. If your inventory isnt FULLY loaded you can do nothing else and especially you don't try to change outfits or to teleport. Something else you can do is to rebake your textures using Ctrl+Alt+R and wait after at least 1 min. Do it several times if it doesn't work with the first time.  Also you can set temporarily under your Preferences, your graphics quality to medium (if you have it now to Hight or Ultra) and your Draw distance to lower. It will help the textures to load faster for you.

Also you can pause the stream (the music) or if you seldom listen music disable it (again under your preferences, sound and media tab). Also if you don't use voice, turn it off. (The easier way to do that is to hide the speak button at the right of your local chat with right click in that bar.

Check out if all these make any difference for you. I am sure that they do.

I Already have those Options Done, I Re-Baked & Re-baked, I Always Load my Inventory before I Do Anything On SL, I Always Low my Graphics Quality, But your Last tip Helped, Thanks, It Still Loads a bit Slow But atleast It works A Little Bit Faster Than Before :))

Assume you on Phoenix (or Emergnce or Imprudence), go on Edit > Preferences and under network tab, set the Maximum bandwith to just below 10000 kbps 8000 is ok.

If you switch to Viewer 2, go to Me > Preferences, and under setup tab, set maximum bandwith to 8000 or so.

It could be the slow connection also. Are you or someone using a file-sharing app? This may be the cause.

Good to hear it Vallerie. Also, if it possible, avoid to run other applications when you are in world, even a web browser. You can open it, only when you need it. One more tip, it helps also (command in Viewer 2):

Menu World --> Sun --> Environment Editor --> Advanced Sky --> 3rd tab Clouds --> Disable "Draw Classic Clouds".

• 2 weeks later...

When My avatar Takes While To Load i just open the shirt pannel (which is like apperance Pannel) and once things load in the apperance pannel your avatar should pop up but things will be grey but only for like 5 seconds ..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.