Object Rezzing Issues

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What causes this? On the parcel that I'm in now, I keep getting this razzing error with different objects. I've tried switching my viewpoint, even looking directly down and placing the object at my feet. I've seen this in the past but this is the worst example of this problem I've seen. I've got around 50LI still available - and this error happened off and on even when I only had a few objects placed.

image.png.f79cf8122b8011318ead6cd42ee9ddb5.png

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

What causes this? On the parcel that I'm in now, I keep getting this razzing error with different objects. I've tried switching my viewpoint, even looking directly down and placing the object at my feet. I've seen this in the past but this is the worst example of this problem I've seen. I've got around 50LI still available - and this error happened off and on even when I only had a few objects placed.

1)  You don't have the correct group tag.

2)  You are rezzing on top of a mesh item -- rez on top of a prim.

3)  The objects center or too much of the object's bounding box is trying to rez outside of your parcel.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Trinity1776 said:

I’ve been getting this with half my attempts to rez items in both my Newbrooke homes, and also find that most often when I *can* rez something indoors it winds up near the roof or in the next room. Have pretty much given up rezzing stuff inside, resorting to opening/rezzing objects on the ground outside instead. (Yes, I’ve been wearing the correct group tag.)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I’ve been getting this with half my attempts to rez items in both my Newbrooke homes, and also find that most often when I *can* rez something indoors it winds up near the roof or in the next room. Have pretty much given up rezzing stuff inside, resorting to opening/rezzing objects on the ground outside instead. (Yes, I’ve been wearing the correct group tag.)

Lay down a nice pretty prim rug inside and rez on that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Same. It seems to be just the floors of the Newbrooke houses.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Olivier Marques said:

Same. It seems to be just the floors of the Newbrooke houses.

Yes, now that I think of it, the successful indoors rezzes have been stuff on the walls. As this doesn’t happen with other themes, surely there’s a coding error somewhere that can be fixed? Think how many frustrated users there must be who don’t look at the forums for advice!

Edited by Frigga Freidman
typos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

1)  You don't have the correct group tag.

2)  You are rezzing on top of a mesh item -- rez on top of a prim.

3)  The objects center or too much of the object's bounding box is trying to rez outside of your parcel.

Nope to all 3. Example: a bookcase in the middle of an otherwise empty room on the bare Newbrooke floor. Tried several times on different spots in the same room; was finally successful on the 4th attempt. (Maybe I should’ve marked that ‘magic’ spot with an X!)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Nope to all 3. Example: a bookcase in the middle of an otherwise empty room on the bare Newbrooke floor. Tried several times on different spots in the same room; was finally successful on the 4th attempt. (Maybe I should’ve marked that ‘magic’ spot with an X!)

You are rezzing on top of a mesh item, #2, because the floor of the house is mesh. Simple solution is to rez a box and pull it into the house and rez items on the box or as someone else suggested use an old fashion rug made from a regular prim to do your rezzing. This has been an issue with mesh for years. It doesn't happen all the time, but I've had it happen with other themes as well, not to mention with many of the homes I've bought from numerous creators over the years.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

You are rezzing on top of a mesh item, #2, because the floor of the house is mesh. Simple solution is to rez a box and pull it into the house and rez items on the box or as someone else suggested use an old fashion rug made from a regular prim to do your rezzing. This has been an issue with mesh for years. It doesn't happen all the time, but I've had it happen with other themes as well, not to mention with many of the homes I've bought from numerous creators over the years.

But isn’t the terraformed land outside also mesh? It’s never happened out of the house.

• Like 1

Just now, Frigga Freidman said:

But isn’t the terraformed land outside also mesh? It’s never happened out of the house.

Well, everything technically is mesh, but the terrain isn't the same as the mesh of the house or objects. I can't explain how it's different technically, I just know it is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Olivier Marques said:

I didn't get problems rezzing, with the other Bellisseria houses. Maybe the construction format was changed?

You guys who can rez elsewhere in Belli are just plain fortunate! I periodically get that message lots in all my homes, even on mesh in a mainland home. 'm always setting out a prim to rez on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Like Frigga, I just do it outside too and hope no one sees me 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's one particular room in the Faraday (the open-doorway room) that absolutely hates having anything rezzed in, near, or around it, I swear. I ended up having to put basically everything onto a rug outside and move it in. Not sure why that one room is so godawful, but if anyone else is struggling with the Faraday I'd def recommend throwing in a temp floor prim there.

• Like 3

I like to make a flat prim to lay on the floor, and make that prim transparent. That way, no matter my decor, I always have a place to rez items upon. It's basically an invisible rug that "matches" all my furniture. 😛 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
Random punctuation malfunction
  • Like 5

So, I’m guessing that when ‘the system’ doesn’t allow an object to be rezzed it can’t distinguish between incorrect ‘ownership’ of the parcel and general mesh idiosyncrasies as the issue? Because if the ownership/permissions issue does trigger the problem separately from those idiosyncrasies, surely a more useful error message could be given in the latter case? (Granted, my own coding background in elearning was minimal compared to what’s involved in a place like SL, but a major tenet of our work was “give the user useful and appropriate feedback for the choices/mistakes they’ve made”.) I’ll carry on with the workarounds (and suppress my inclination to be annoyed with this particular theme), but can only wonder about the frustration level of the many users who never look at the forums.

My garden base, who is a mesh plate, is an object I have always rezzed on without problems before. And I rezzed on it when I built up the garden. Then I should change up a few parts, and suddenly it gave me this error message.

Have we upset the mesh gods in some way? 😢

We need to sacrifice a goat to appease the gods, so they get pleased with us and let us rez easy again.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

surely a more useful error message could be given in the latter case?

When you work on a build platform high in a premium sandbox, you can often observe objects rezzing at quite a distance from where you intended, if you're trying to rez them on top of mesh.  Maybe some interaction between the physics shapes of the 2 objects causes the system to calculate a rez position far away?  I dunno.

So I've always assumed that the reason we see this message so often in Linden Homes is not because the system can't distinguish a mesh error from a permissions error, but because the parcels are so small.  The calculated position to rez at falls outside of parcel boundaries.  Just an assumption, tho.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.