Hello, I have a big problem with L$!

MiaQuee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I have a big problem with L$! I had 3600l$ on my account .. I decided to login SL today and was surprised .. because I have 0L$ on my account! just zero balance! I thought that the viewer lags, but there is 0L in the marketplace either! I want to claim them back because they weren't spent. Nobody knows my password! So I'm more than sure that a system error has occurred. Please help me! Thank you for your attention <3

3 minutes ago, MiaQuee said:

Hello, I have a big problem with L$! I had 3600l$ on my account .. I decided to login SL today and was surprised .. because I have 0L$ on my account! just zero balance! I thought that the viewer lags, but there is 0L in the marketplace either! I want to claim them back because they weren't spent. Nobody knows my password! So I'm more than sure that a system error has occurred. Please help me! Thank you for your attention ❤️

It is possible this is a viewer glitch.

Check your SL dashboard for your Linden transactions - Second Life: Sign In

Here go to ACCOUNT, then L$ Transaction History.

This will give you your current balance and where money went that appears to have gone.

It is unfortunately also possible that you were phished - conned into entering your password on a fake SL log in, and that the money was transferred to someone else from your account.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MiaQuee said:
2022-03-11 20:56:33 590ab161 Destination: Recovery Linden
Linden Adjustment
Description: CSR Move Linden Dollars
L$3814  

L$0

this means that Linden Lab removed the L$ from your account

best to file a Support Ticket about it and Linden will tell you why

• Like 2

This looks to me as though you will definitely have to get in touch with Linden Lab. No one is allowed to call themselves Linden unless they are an LL employee.  Also please check your email for any notification from LL.

On your dashboard go to HELP (near the top right) and go to Support.

There are options to file a support ticket and speak (Monday to Friday only...?) to a support agent... so that's not an option for you maybe today.

• Like 3

Hello, I have a big problem with L$! I had 8922l$ on my account .. I decided to login SL today and was surprised .. because I have 0L$ on my account! just zero balance! I thought that the viewer lags, but there is 0L in the marketplace either! I want to claim them back because they weren't spent. Nobody knows my password! So I'm more than sure that a system error has occurred. Please help me! Thank you for your attention ❤️

1 hour ago, sarahkJT said:

Hello, I have a big problem with L$! I had 8922l$ on my account .. I decided to login SL today and was surprised .. because I have 0L$ on my account! just zero balance! I thought that the viewer lags, but there is 0L in the marketplace either! I want to claim them back because they weren't spent. Nobody knows my password! So I'm more than sure that a system error has occurred. Please help me! Thank you for your attention ❤️

LL: "Our Billing team is available from 6am to 2pm PST, Monday through Friday.
Call toll-free in the US/Canada: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sarahkJT said:

posts here aren't forms to fill in at will, you copied the OP and just changed the numbers. 
Make your own or don't play with members here that spend their time helping others.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sarahkJT said:

Sarah, call the number Animats gave you, when they are open. In the meantime, check your $L Transaction History, in the Account section of your Dashboard page on this website. You should be able to see where the $L went.

On 3/24/2022 at 7:58 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

posts here aren't forms to fill in at will, you copied the OP and just changed the numbers. 
Make your own or don't play with members here that spend their time helping others.

but, i dont lying to you I have a big problem with L$! I had 8922l$ on my account .. I decided to login SL today and was surprised .. because I have 0L$ on my account! just zero balance! I thought that the viewer lags, but there is 0L in the marketplace either! I want to claim them back because they weren't spent. Nobody knows my password! So I'm more than sure that a system error has occurred. Please help me

Edited by sarahkJT

33 minutes ago, sarahkJT said:

but, i dont lying to you I have a big problem with L$! I had 8922l$ on my account .. I decided to login SL today and was surprised .. because I have 0L$ on my account! just zero balance! I thought that the viewer lags, but there is 0L in the marketplace either! I want to claim them back because they weren't spent. Nobody knows my password! So I'm more than sure that a system error has occurred. Please help me

Then contact billing.  No one here can help you.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 6:51 AM, MiaQuee said:
2022-03-11 20:56:33 590ab161 Destination: Recovery Linden
Linden Adjustment
Description: CSR Move Linden Dollars
L$3814  

L$0

L$ are virtual tokens LL can magic up on a whim.

There is no justification for this. None at all.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

There is no justification for this. None at all.

There is.

1. Let's suppose that I use a stolen credit card to buy $L. Later, the credit card company annuls the purchase. While LL created the Linden Dollar system, they are subject to accounting rules. This must be so, for two reasons. One, they are subject to U.S. laws concerning virtual currencies. And two, the system has to follow rules, and the books have to balance, or the whole thing breaks down into nonsense. So, LL has to take back the $L that were fraudulently purchased. This does not mean that our OP is the criminal, though. They may have obtained the money from another, or even after it has passed through several hands.

or,

2. Let's suppose I start handing out objects that request debit permissions, with malicious intent. Some recipients give their object that permission, and I gleefully drain their accounts. But LL soon becomes aware of that. They ban me, and take all my ill-gotten $L and return it to the people I stole it from...even the money I went out and spent on shoes. Suddenly, quite a few merchants and people I'd sent gifts to find their accounts reduced by LL.

or,

3. Let's suppose I create a phishing web site and lure people there. Some of them are tricked into giving me their passwords. I log into their accounts, and take all their money. Pretty soon LL catches up to me and bans me (again! Will I never learn?) Then they give the stolen money back...and as before, that includes the money I spent or gave away.

LL cannot (or perhaps you might prefer, "chooses not to") simply create more $L in these cases. If money is to be returned to its rightful owner, it must be taken from those who have it...whether those people are terrible evildoers like me, or simply caught in the crossfire.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

While LL created the Linden Dollar system, they are subject to accounting rules. This must be so, for two reasons. One, they are subject to U.S. laws concerning virtual currencies. And two, the system has to follow rules, and the books have to balance,

But L$ is explicitly not a currency, it's a token.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

And if it couldn't be exchanged to USD, then it wouldn't be an issue.  It's not the same as Monopoly money which is also a token. 

But that's just it, it can't be "exchanged" back to USD.

The experience is of exchanging one currency to another, but that's not what's going on.

From https://secondlife.com/app/tos/tos.php section 3

3.1. "Linden Dollars" are virtual tokens that we license. Each Linden Dollar is a virtual token representing contractual permission from Linden Lab to access features of Second Life. Linden Dollars are available for Purchase or distribution at Linden Lab's discretion, and are not redeemable for monetary value from Linden Lab......

You acknowledge that Linden Dollars are not currency or any type of currency substitute or financial instrument, and are not redeemable for any sum of money from Linden Lab at any time.

It is absolutely the same as Monopoly money, including the rule

if the bank runs out of cash, you are permitted to make more banknotes and add them to the bank. You can do this on scraps of paper, or if you have a printer handy, it’s easy to print out some ready-made Monopoly money templates.

Edited by Coffee Pancake
formatting
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

But that's just it, it can't be "exchanged" back to USD.

They can be sold for USD.  They are a product/token.  Monopoly money can't be sold/exchanged/transfered, etc.  Lindens have no value to LL.  They certainly have value to those who exchange them on the LindeX for USD.   Therein lies the difference and why LL needs to be aware if someone is using their tokens to launder RL monies.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

There is.

1. Let's suppose that I use a stolen credit card to buy $L. Later, the credit card company annuls the purchase. While LL created the Linden Dollar system, they are subject to accounting rules. This must be so, for two reasons. One, they are subject to U.S. laws concerning virtual currencies. And two, the system has to follow rules, and the books have to balance, or the whole thing breaks down into nonsense. So, LL has to take back the $L that were fraudulently purchased. This does not mean that our OP is the criminal, though. They may have obtained the money from another, or even after it has passed through several hands.

or,

2. Let's suppose I start handing out objects that request debit permissions, with malicious intent. Some recipients give their object that permission, and I gleefully drain their accounts. But LL soon becomes aware of that. They ban me, and take all my ill-gotten $L and return it to the people I stole it from...even the money I went out and spent on shoes. Suddenly, quite a few merchants and people I'd sent gifts to find their accounts reduced by LL.

or,

3. Let's suppose I create a phishing web site and lure people there. Some of them are tricked into giving me their passwords. I log into their accounts, and take all their money. Pretty soon LL catches up to me and bans me (again! Will I never learn?) Then they give the stolen money back...and as before, that includes the money I spent or gave away.

LL cannot (or perhaps you might prefer, "chooses not to") simply create more $L in these cases. If money is to be returned to its rightful owner, it must be taken from those who have it...whether those people are terrible evildoers like me, or simply caught in the crossfire.

When a person steals money in RL and then uses it to purchase items in RL, the FBI doesn't come and take that money back from the people who sold goods to the robber, does it?

What about the poor creators who put time and effort into making, marketing and selling stuff? Should they just suddenly have this money disappear from their accounts, even though they did no wrong? I suppose you can say they were only selling virtual goods, but then you'd have to say they were only getting virtual money for them too.  What if they sold something with real value, such as SL land, aren't they still entitled to have either that money or their land back?

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

When a person steals money in RL and then uses it to purchase items in RL, the FBI doesn't come and take that money back from the people who sold goods to the robber, does it?

As applied to SL, it would be like receiving stolen property IMO.  If someone has fraudulently acquired Ls and used them in exchange for your virtual land or goods, you have in effect, received stolen Ls (property).  In RL, the authorities can confiscate those stolen goods.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.