Skill gaming question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone, my apologies in advance for asking this question, but I could not find the answer.

I was away for a long while, only logging in to customize and not much else. One of the things I used to be interested in was skill gaming. However, the last time I tried, I found out that I was blocked and that it was due to what state I was in. No problem, rules are rules.

I do travel for work a lot, and I've been spending a lot of time recently in a state where skill gaming is apparently not banned. I don't go back until next month, and I don't want to do anything to get me locked out of my account for this question, so I'm hoping someone could answer this for me. Do they restrict you based on your physical location (IP address?) or your billing address? How does that work when you go back and forth? I am afraid of trying and don't know if my account would be in danger for trying to find out by trial and error.

Sorry if it's too dumb of a question. I tried looking and couldn't find what I was looking for. Thanks if you can answer.

It's based on geolocation of the ip address,  you'll have to make sure after you have moved back or went back to where you was at, that you give it a bit of time for those systems to see you are in the location where it allows,  I had the issue for a bit when moving across the country. (us)

2 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

It's based on geolocation of the ip address,  you'll have to make sure after you have moved back or went back to where you was at, that you give it a bit of time for those systems to see you are in the location where it allows,  I had the issue for a bit when moving across the country. (us)

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure. I appreciate the response, thanks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.