Communication

syndi Pearl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

is good that Linden have updated the covenant. Shows that Linden listened and have made changes in response to what they were hearing

individually not everybody might have got everything they wanted in the covenant changes, but I think today's Listening Linden is way better than olden days StonySilence Linden

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

On 3/10/2022 at 4:13 PM, Abnor Mole said:
On 3/10/2022 at 3:28 PM, Paulsian said:

I saw one lady get trolled on youtube people just showing up walking in her linden home and would not leave.

Dealing with these situations is simple. Click on the person > Block. Click on them again > Eject > Eject and ban. Done.

The thing to remember about trolls and griefers is they need you to engage. They want and crave a reaction. Don't engage. That's the trap. When they think they've upset you, they win. When you lock yourself in a bunker of prims and scripted things to keep everyone out out of fear, they still win. But, when they try and troll you and you just instantly kick them out without a word, ignore them and move on as if you could not care less, they hate that the most. It gives them no interesting content for their youtubes and they move on. I've had it happen to me first hand. 

I wanted to apologize for all the past S@## I put everyone at LL though. I don't know why I do but I am learning to be less of whatever that is. 

I was at a major medical center today waiting for a loved one to come out of major surgeries that lasted over 9 hours and then waiting hours to see her. She means everything to me and is currently doing really well in recover, I pray she will wake up tomorrow because with her I do think I could make it and the only thing that got me through waiting was reading the forums on my ipad. 

While I was reading I have some suggestions for the team. Abnor's suggestion was real good and I was thinking maybe during the onboarding for new residents they could have a basic understand of self defense. What to do if this happens, not something that will scare people away but to inform them. 

I don't want to be a ghost here I want to be involved and civil and respectful and active in helping new people without any motives other than caring for people, not to burden them or frighten them away with my experiences but to help guild them to educational resources, most builders who come here just want to find a place to build without strings attached. 

I will renew my membership when I can and I look forward to collecting the newbrooke content pack and living in bellisseria again. 

You are good people, sure we like to have strong debates. I'm sorry if I was ever rude to you, please forgive me for all the bad things i've done. 

I almost forgot if your able to make viewing the forum a bit easier on the eyes, i tried on my ipad pro and could not increase the text size even if changed in the settings and i don't like zooming the page because i like to see everything someone says with their photo on it without scrolling side to side. 

Wanted to say I love you and good night as well. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

This must be apology day. I owe Patch and the Moles an apology. What follows is the curvy train of thought that led to that conclusion:

When I read Patch's decision today mandating flat roofs, I was puzzled. It made no sense. How is it that the homes must have flat roofs, but they can be made out of metal, wood, brick or stucco? The only container buildings I've ever seen are made of metal.  

Feeling guilty, I wondered if we (especially me) hadn't complained so much, perhaps things would have evolved differently? Remember when the Vics first came out? We were not to paint the outside anything but the offered shades. After a while, tastefully modding the outside colors became normal.

At the Newbrooke pre-release, I forgot that I was dealing with people, Human Beings who were doing their best to create a great theme. I forgot that though the Lindens and Moles work here, they are individuals who are clearly invested in their work. I'm very happy they are invested. it's why they keep turning out one good looking theme after the other. It's why they take the time to participate with us here.

it is Human nature, I reasoned, to dig one's heels in under criticism, especially when working hard at making something wonderful. Putting myself in their shoes, I wondered if our criticism may have contributed to the roof ordinance. (Which still makes no sense to me.) If I was working intently creating a theme I thought was dope and was hit with a wall of criticism instead of appreciation, I would feel angry and hurt. Maybe I would have dug my heels in - and mandated something. Anything, lol!

It is most likely that there is Zero connection between the forum criticism and the flat roof edict on container homes made of stucco, wood, brick, oh, and metal. It is also very likely that the homes are as they are by design, especially since the initial release was rushed and imperfect. Add to that the combination Chalet theme that was released not too long ago. 

I'm not attributing the workings of my brain to Patch and the Moles. This is My Head. In the end I landed on it not mattering how the roof mandate came about. But I knew I needed to apologize to@Patch Lindenand to the Moles and the rest of you guys for my behavior on the forums regarding the pre-release viewing. I was rude and insensitive because I was angry that my highly anticipated updated Meadowbrook did not materialize.  

I am sorry. Thank you for one more great theme. 

And, would you please consider an updated Meadowbrook?  ;-D

• Like 8

Sorry about yesterdays post I was sort of in a scary place and this forum needs something like local chat where anything goes where people can just have conversations don't have to have a specific topic but with some coaching. Something that auto clears everyday, just something to say hi and talk about anything within reason. Great news, My loved one woke up this morning after 2nd surgery to close her up and is doing great, my god if you have never had to see someone get a breathing tube out and wondering if they are going to be able to breath and make it on their own, I do not recommend it. That was 2 days, covid patients have to do that for sometimes weeks, with no family interaction. The past few years have been literal hell on all of us and especially the strain and stress the healthcare system and anyone who ever had to go through that first hand. My family regarding that was extremely lucky. I could not imagine leaving my loved one in a hospital on a breathing tube asleep for 2 weeks. OMG 2 days horrible horrible! 2 weeks..Major reality check. Doing very well here and going to be busy helping recovery and looking forward to mental vacations here in second life.

I did not get a chance to read the new covenant yet. I thought i'd copy and past it here so maybe I can read it :) among friends.

Welcome to Linden Homes for Premium account holders. Linden Homes is a residential community, located on the Bellisseria continent, owned and managed by Linden Lab. 

The purpose of Linden Homes is to provide an opportunity for Premium account Residents of the Second Life virtual world to quickly own a home and belong to a community. Linden Homes are available to Premium account holders with 1024m2 of available tier. Premium accounts are provided 1024m2 available tier at no cost.

As a Premium Account holder, you are eligible for live chat and ticket support from our Support Portal. If you need support for your Linden Home:

1. Go to https://support.secondlife.com/ and submit a ticket.
    2. Select the "Land and Region" ticket type.
    3. Under the resulting dropdown, select "Linden Homes".

Linden Homes is governed by this Covenant, Linden Home Terms and Conditions, Terms of Service (TOS), and Community Standards (CS): http://secondlife.com/corporate/tos.php

== Linden Home Restrictions ==

Linden Home has unique restrictions in addition to those outlined in the Linden Home Terms and Conditions. By accepting a Linden Home, you agree to additional restrictions as follows:

*Land cannot be terraformed, sold, deeded to group, joined, or divided. Land can only be set to group.
  *Land cannot contain temp-rezzers, or individual prims beyond the allocated size of the Second Life Viewer build tools. (64,64,64).
  *Skyboxes, platforms or other floating objects are only allowed above 2000m to keep the skies clear of physical/visual obstructions and casting ground shadows.
  *Your Linden Home may not be removed, modified, exchanged, set or deeded to group, or transferred. 
  *Residents must use one of the houses provided. Modification of the house itself beyond what is built into the controls is not possible. Additional buildings or structures are allowed as long as they are in theme and meet the height restrictions.
  *Privacy walls or fences should match the theme and extend no more than 4m above ground level. All other structures should not extend higher than 15m above ground level or sea level, whichever is higher.
  *Linden Homes should be kept presentable and in-theme to their unique areas.
  *Linden Homes can not be used as sandboxes.
  *Linden Homes do not include traffic tracking.
  *Linden Homes can not be shown in search.
  *Ownership is limited to one Linden Home per Premium Account.
  *Changes cannot be made to roads, paths, plants, trees, rocks and other landscaping. Trees or other objects that overhang into parcels are meant to do so. They cannot be moved or removed.
  *Objects that extend outside of your parcel can be returned without warning or notice. 
  *Objects that severely degrade region performance and/or that use a disproportionate amount of system resources (e.g. excessive script usage, physical collisions) can be returned without warning or notice. 
  *Residents may decorate the interior of their house to their liking. The exterior should always remain in theme out of consideration for your neighbors.
  *Linden Home regions are Moderate rated regions. Please see the http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ regarding adult content and behavior. 
  *Using prims or objects on parcels meant as advertisements on the world map is not allowed.
  *Lights or particles on your parcel should not extend into your neighbors parcels or houses.
  *“Off region” decorations extending from your parcel are not allowed.
  *Public space outside your parcel lines is just that… public space. Do not extend objects outside of your parcel in a way that will block, wall off, or “claim” public areas for yourself to the exclusion of other residents.
  *Activities and items that could be construed by Linden Lab as commercial and for profit are not permitted in the residential homes and houseboats in Bellisseria.
  *Non-commercial roleplay "business" conversions of homes in Bellisseria are allowed as long as they match the theme in which they reside and do not alter the residential community atmosphere.
  *Activities and/or displaying items that could be construed by Linden Lab as political campaigning is not permitted in Bellisseria.
  *Terrain in the Stilt Home theme is not intended to be flat throughout the parcel. Requests to flatten, smooth, or add/remove water on the parcel will not be considered. 
  *Small islands under Stilt homes are allowed within reason. Any resident owned mesh or prim "land" or other objects on Stilt water parcels must be completely within the borders of the parcel and not extend into waterways blocking or obscuring them in any fashion. This also applies to any vehicles parked or moored on the parcel as well as phantom objects such as rocks or surf. Prim or mesh "pads" immediately under your Stilt home on land are allowed. However, filling or paving over all or most of your parcel with a simple block of rock, concrete, dirt, grass, sand etc is not allowed and is considered out of theme. 
  *Privacy screens, fences, or other parcel perimeter barriers are not allowed on the water in the Stilt Home theme.
  *Excessively overt or system resource-intensive interactive systems consisting of in-world scripted objects that communicate with one another to procreate (e.g. “breedables”) or grow  (e.g. “farming”) to produce other products or consumables are only allowed under the following conditions:
    -They are limited to two (2) active units with "food/water" rezzed out at any given time.
    -Hovertext is OFF or is not visible from outside the parcel.
    -They are within the theme if visible outside the home. 
    -They do not involve the constant re-rezzing of temp objects.
(i.e.) Linden Homes parcels cannot be used for large scale production of pets or consumable products.
  *Additions to Newbrooke houses must be in the Newbrooke style (flat roof shipping container homes) and blend in seamlessly with the neighborhood theme.  Garage and room additions are permitted while maintaining architectural consistency with the theme (eg. roof line, colors, trim, etc).
  *Newbrooke homes should not be modified architecturally with exterior add-ons, such as roof altering additions or changes that are out of theme.  Items such as roof top gardens, decks, porch and overhang extensions are permitted. 

== Seasonal & Holiday Content ==

*Seasonal and holiday decorations are permitted as long as they are tastefully applied.
  *Natural seasonal elements are permitted if they are applied subtly, such as a light dusting of snow or a scatter of leaves. 
  *Outdoor holiday decorations should be congruent with the holiday season (no Christmas decorations in May or Halloween decor in April for example). 
  *Remember to keep all seasonal and holiday decorations within the borders of your parcel and ensure that no content extends over the parcel lines.
  *Decoration should not be placed out any earlier than 30 days in advance of any holiday or season represented and must be removed within 15 days of the holiday or season passing.

== Security ==

*Linden Homes do not have the ability to set your parcel access to group access only (which creates ban lines for everyone else). You can still eject and manually ban people by name in the parcel access settings in About Land options.
  *Security devices are only allowed if they comply with the following restrictions:
     -Minimum of 15 seconds warning time (no shorter)
     -Eject from parcel only (not teleport them home)
     -Effective range cannot include the airspace between 400m and 2000m (to allow for people to fly overhead but not in the airspace where skyboxes are allowed)
     -Does not add names of ejected persons to the parcel ban list automatically

If you are uncertain, there is a free security system provided in the Linden Homes Content Pack. It does not have the ability to be set in a manner that does not comply with these restrictions. Click on the house controller outside of your parcel (the one used for changing house models) to get the most current content pack sent to you.

== Linden Home Benefits ==

*Use your Premium account's 1024m2 included land tier allocation towards your Linden Home.
  *Ready-to-move-in themed home on a 512m2 or 1024m2 parcel.
  *Select your own Linden Home theme.
  *Decorate your home with furnishings.
  *Invite your friends to your home.
  *Meet your neighbors and make friends.
  *1024m2 parcel Linden Homes are allocated 351 Land Impact.
  *Set Home to here at your Linden Home location. (World menu > Set Home to Here.)
  *Set land to group.

== Linden Home Etiquette ==

Living in a community includes courtesy towards your neighbors. Here are some guidelines for etiquette in Linden Home regions:

*Use local chat say, rather than shout.
  *Adhere to the Maturity Rating for the Linden Home region you're located in. 
  *Respect your neighbors' privacy.
  *Review general Second Life etiquette suggestions and incorporate them into your Linden Home experience: http://bit.ly/sletiquette

== Help ==

The Second Life Knowledge Base (KB) includes many helpful articles for beginning landowners and Residents new to the Second Life virtual world. Check it out:

» https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/

Linden Lab reserves the right to enforce this covenant at will to maintain the integrity of the Linden Homes neighborhoods and communities.  

This covenant is subject to change.

We hope you enjoy your new Linden Home!

Revised 11 March 2022 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

== Security ==

*Linden Homes do not have the ability to set your parcel access to group access only (which creates ban lines for everyone else). You can still eject and manually ban people by name in the parcel access settings in About Land options.
  *Security devices are only allowed if they comply with the following restrictions:
     -Minimum of 15 seconds warning time (no shorter)
     -Eject from parcel only (not teleport them home)
     -Effective range cannot include the airspace between 400m and 2000m (to allow for people to fly overhead but not in the airspace where skyboxes are allowed)
     -Does not add names of ejected persons to the parcel ban list automatically

If you are uncertain, there is a free security system provided in the Linden Homes Content Pack. It does not have the ability to be set in a manner that does not comply with these restrictions. Click on the house controller outside of your parcel (the one used for changing house models) to get the most current content pack sent to you.

i like this

• Like 1

my problem is new people are not going to know about right clicking the parcel to get to the about land and then clicking the covenant tab, not right away. I think an introduction to linden home during onboarding as a way to show new people all about linden homes. And for those who skip that or chose a different path or If someone new gets a linden home for the first time perhaps before they go to their new home for which ever theme they pick they are taken to a special training region just for them to this is how you change your home style, next lets get that content pack out security pack out and have a little fun. Lets learn how to set up a security or and what that does. And then maybe a way to skip introduction that include rules and stuff. 

Or having a training hud like social island has but for linden homes :) 

• Like 6

a linden home hud could include special projects that residents can randomly get to build really neat home and garden model designs. step by step. How fun would that be. Make the hud fun and ever changing and interesting. Keeps the community engaged and educated to new building tool updates and neat ways to build with in world building tool. What would you like to do today, Build? sure first lets add your building hammer to your tool bar. Right click your tool bar at the bottom of your screen. Fun, evolving, engaging, educational, informational, alerts, I would love it. 

could include holiday deco alerts special events, when lab gab will be live!, or other important live sl content. Eureka? 

Emergency Area on Hud:

Intruder inside my home

Intruders inside my home

Is the person named __________ or is this the people near by you would like blocked and removed? 

Sure we'll handle this. poof they are gone. Enjoy your day and let us know when we can help again.

Proactive, the future is only going to get creepier, best try to make an easy to understand effort. Not all viewers are the same. And a easy to update system to adjust with the times is the way. 

At Linden Lab we care about and value our residents and will continue to evolve as our residents have everyday. Security and satisfaction is our top priority for all of our residents, as it has been for decades. We will lead this industry by example ensuring, adjusting, and striving to set the bar so high, not compete with our friends but to demonstrate that a quality virtual experience can be delivered to the world in a responsible way, with the hope to make virtual life for all a sustainable perpetually friendly safe space for like minded people to exist and interact with like minded people. 

(I get carried away a lot and very cheesy, apologies) 

Edited by Paulsian
  • Like 4

Esta es la forma, hadha hu altariq, 這是方法, Dit is de weg, Ito ang daan, Ceci est le chemin, Das ist der Weg, Αυτός είναι ο τρόπος, यह रास्ता है, Questo è il modo, これが方法です, 이게 방법이다, Hoc modo, این راه است, To jest sposób, Este é o caminho, Aceasta este calea, Это способ, Det här är vägen, yol bu, Це шлях, Đây là con đường, Dyma'r ffordd, Dette er vejen, This is the way

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paulsian said:

a linden home hud could include special projects that residents can randomly get to build really neat home and garden model designs. step by step. How fun would that be. Make the hud fun and ever changing and interesting. Keeps the community engaged and educated to new building tool updates and neat ways to build with in world building tool. What would you like to do today, Build? sure first lets add your building hammer to your tool bar. Right click your tool bar at the bottom of your screen. Fun, evolving, engaging, educational, informational, alerts, I would love it. 

The idea about a Linden Home HUD is cool; it could provide a VERY direct channel of communication between LL and residents, if it were useful enough that people would leave it attached. I suppose, as part of an LH experience, it could attach automagically whenever the parcel owner comes to the home.  When you claim the parcel, it could remind you of covenant provisions that pertain to that theme, etc.. 

I hope your loved one has continued to do well after their surgery, and that you have been able to get some rest :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

The idea about a Linden Home HUD is cool; it could provide a VERY direct channel of communication between LL and residents, if it were useful enough that people would leave it attached. I suppose, as part of an LH experience, it could attach automagically whenever the parcel owner comes to the home.  When you claim the parcel, it could remind you of covenant provisions that pertain to that theme, etc.. 

I hope your loved one has continued to do well after their surgery, and that you have been able to get some rest :)

Thank you so much she's going very very good awake, lot of stiffness and body adjusting to work again, her nurse let us slip her diet cherry dr pepper :) That's the first thing she requested. To me it was like witnessing a new baby cry for the first time, like on the show call the midwife. She's so much better already all fixed up, hardest part is over. It's amazing the advancements in medical care. They can hook a person up like a car. tubes tubes tubes. Thanks again. I wish for cancer prevention and detection there was some way that everyone could go and walk through a detector like we have to do at the air port and the males have to go through that giant one that spins around us. I hope in the very near future will be able to step in a machine get a quick scan and let us know if we have any thing inside of us growing that we are unaware of and normally not caught because there is no early detection other than blood in urine and if that one time that went away in a completely healthy person would just forget about it and would not know about it until very sick or an accident that leads to trip to hospital then you have all that piled on. Thank goodness we went to the ER just to be safe and then it turned into a very complicated issue that too 3 surgery teams. Please get your yearly physical and because if something is found early before clots start to snake into the heart it will make treatments way less complicated. We are blessed to have the people we do in the medical industry helping people they way they do, they are our angels and campions. 

I'm guilty of not getting a physical every year and I want to get as much cancer early warning as is available, most of the time that is free. We have to try to catch it while we are our healthiest. 

Good idea about the auto attach, maybe something the home controller can control to turn it off it not needed. Sky is the limit and the team knows how to do it and if something like this comes along they will do it justice. Just a muse ing again. 

Edited by Paulsian
  • Like 4

“I was doing dishes and in my happy place when suddenly… “

@Paulsian okay, I loved every word of your post, but this… makes me want to live with you!  I will happily pay you any amount of money to live with me!

Oh… and feel free to bring your loved one.  I live in Canada where the medical care is prepaid in our taxes, the air and water is pretty clean… and cannabis is sold in the malls!  😉🥰 🧘‍♀️💕

Edited by BJoyful
Spelling + added clarification about the job offer!
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

LOL I don't love doing dishes that much :) I have to be in a happy place get to that point. Sometimes I think of that book I think it was brave new world or 1984 can't remember where the lady in the slums is out side hanging clothing on a line and she's happy and humming and elites fly private jet over her and see her and wonder what does she have to be happy about down there? I feel like that lady sometimes. I appreciate common living, I think in my case when I hum it's more forcing me to hurry up. Thank goodness for those dish brushes, I don't use cloth or sponge, I like the big brush :) 

We have legal recreational here. It's so regulated in my US state, has to be indoor greenhouse, and I think more states are coming on board because of the indoor green houses, If you think about it, all those green houses being built to quickly grow cannabis, can quickly be converted to grow food. It is a good think to have those already established and they are pretty much paying for themselves. If our climate gets really cold for longer and crops fail that would be a way to sustain our food supply in event of a global climate emergency. 

:) Thank you for the offer, she does not love to travel, just wants to craft in front of her computer. She made great progress yesterday was in a nice lounge chair and starting to understand what day it is, I drew her a day chart, friday morning it snowed, surgery, saturday surgery / breathing tube out / wake up / sunday welcome back :) . Help her when she wakes up what day is it. Surgery was expected to take 1 day and wake up on same day. The plan slightly change a bit just out of caution. All good. Nurse yesterday was very nice braided her hair was so pretty, said they broke 5-6 combs :) I thanked her so much for helping her. Long hair in that situation, could not have thought to do that before our minds were not even thinking. 

When I was younger wanted to travel to Vancouver. I like the occasional road trip have to do that for pet delivery services ever one in a while. 

I could use a few gummies right now but no thanks, i'm trying to learn how to be happy with coffee and tea :)

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.