How can this be? Zero land Impact

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, the latest Newbrooke region I'm trying out was ok for the first day, and now the lag has gotten a lot worse. So, I'm poking around to see if I can find something that is impacting performance. A neighbor has a whole bunch of home furnishings that are showing zero land impact, including a linked kitchen! How can that be?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

A neighbor has a whole bunch of home furnishings that are showing zero land impact

I've experienced this in the past, for me, it is due to the viewer.  Sometimes they will show, other times I see zero impact.  The laggiest area for me, are the traditional homes as well as houseboats - I've been curious if Newbrook might be worst as the houses appear to be closer together and I am not sure if there are more per region or not.  

• Like 2

@Trinity1776 I think perhaps doing an about land on their property might work, you will be able to see the total land impact they have for their parcel.  That one can be a little quirky for me as well though, as I seem to recall it showing zero in the past as well.  I've never tried it against temp rezzers though, so I am not sure if it would count or not, hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge than I will be more certain if it does.  Sorry, I'm a little spacy for today.  I meant to say go closer to their property and doing an about land.

Edited by Istelathis

6 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Those are all good possibilities. It may be in the adjoining region. But I am concerned about the possibility of a temp rezzer.

I don't know about LL's viewer, but on Firestorm temp-rez is easy to check.  Bring up your minimap, and right click on it.  Choose "Show", then on the pulldown choose "Temp on Rez Objects".  They will show as bright orange, but only when they have something rezzed, so you may have to wait for a minute or so to be sure you're seeing all.   I leave this checked all the time.

Note also that in Area Search you can find temp-rez objects easily.  Put nothing into the search string and click search; everything nearby will be listed. Then go to the Filter tab.  In the Exclude set of checkboxes, unclick "Temporary", then in the "Only list" section click "Temporary".  You will now have a list of temp-rez objects, and by right clicking on their name in the list, you can choose to zoom to, TP to, or even edit each.  This works best if you are not too far (say, within 50m) from the objects in question.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

So, the latest Newbrooke region I'm trying out was ok for the first day, and now the lag has gotten a lot worse. So, I'm poking around to see if I can find something that is impacting performance. A neighbor has a whole bunch of home furnishings that are showing zero land impact, including a linked kitchen! How can that be?

While temp rezzers are against the Belli covenant, heavy mesh (and textures) are not.   Since one land impact objects can be in the hundreds so far as triangle count, it doesn't take too many neighbors that are NOT paying attention (or do not care) to drop the FPS mightily.  My friend had a stilt home that was lovely but it got so bad that the FPS got down to 5 on a new and strong computer.  He isn't there any longer and gave up his Premium.  

The best spots are of course the ones  with fewer houses and on a lake or ocean. Patch explained though when the first Belli homes came out that NEIGHBORING regions also impact FPS.  I didn't know that and so definitely took note.  Really the only thing you can do is pay attention to the objects YOU are using and then derender a bunch of heavy mesh items when you can find them.  You can inspect objects for triangle count and texture use by right clicking  - Object  - Inspect (this in FS). 

Lowering your draw distance will help of course also but who wants to live at 32 meter distances ?  It sort of negates the "shared experience" idea :D.

Good luck. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.