Tell us about your homes

Liaa Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm nosy and interested to know where you have homes (mainland/estate/Belli), size and price of them and ofc photos, I've been checking out the mainland thread and love to see what we all have

Right now I have 1 home (Estate), just small 2544sq m & L$801/week if paid 4 weekly, L$850 if not

Pics to come!

What made you all choose to live where you do?

• Like 2

I currently have only a Linden home, though I'm not certain if I'll keep it yet. Mostly I have mainland homes and I buy rather than rent.  My last one before the current one was in the South Corsica Coast community but I sold it because the parcel was too big and I needed to tier down. I recovered what I paid for it though. 

51869672711_967db9dee3_b.jpg

The one I had before that was also on the Corsica coast but up on the north coast. I had to de-render most of my neighbours.

51367156097_c3066016b1_b.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Karl Herber said:

I currently have only a Linden home, though I'm not certain if I'll keep it yet. Mostly I have mainland homes and I buy rather than rent.  My last one before the current one was in the South Corsica Coast community but I sold it because the parcel was too big and I needed to tier down. I recovered what I paid for it though. 

51869672711_967db9dee3_b.jpg

The one I had before that was also on the Corsica coast but up on the north coast. I had to de-render most of my neighbours.

51367156097_c3066016b1_b.jpg

Your home looks amazing

• Like 1

I rent an amazing (double prim) 4096 parcel on Nautilus from a sweet friendly landlord, at an amazing price, and have the following set up on it ... zen garden, my warehouse gallery space built with the cool warehouse kit from Urban Jungle (taking up 2048 of it), my house and garden, plus a 64x64 mirror box and cyber-themed platform up above it all. Could not fit that all into 4096 without the double prim allowance. All shown below ...

1-parcel.jpg

2-zen.jpg

3-gallery.jpg

4-home-mod.jpg

5-cyber.jpg

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
fixed spelling
  • Like 17

16 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I rent an amazing (double prim) 4096 parcel on Nautilus from a sweet friendly landlord, at an amazing price, and have the following set up on it ... zen garden, my warehouse gallery space built with the cool warehouse kit from Urban Jungle (taking up 2048 of it), my house and garden, plus a 64x64 mirror box and cyber-themed platform up above it all. Could not fit that all into 4096 without the double prim allowance. All shown below ...

1-parcel.jpg

2-zen.jpg

3-gallery.jpg

4-home-mod.jpg

5-cyber.jpg

Wow, I can't believe how much you have out and what you'vbe done with it, ty for sharing

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 1:27 PM, Liaa Nova said:

I'm nosy and interested to know where you have homes (mainland/estate/Belli), size and price of them and ofc photos, I've been checking out the mainland thread and love to see what we all have

Right now I have 1 home (Estate), just small 2544sq m & L$801/week if paid 4 weekly, L$850 if not

Pics to come!

What made you all choose to live where you do?

OK, I sometimes wonder why I do things like this but I decided to move my entire B&B house over a square, and of course, lost 2 out of 6 skyboxes and some furniture in the course of a lot of yellow pick-up box thingies. That is, maybe I have them someplace, but yellow-box failures are fate's way of telling you to start over, no? Sometimes I like things in SL to stay exactly as they are and never change for 18 years. And sometimes not?

So I am super pleased with myself for re-doing the floors. I sanded, shellacked, polished. I was up half the night! OK, I put a different texture on, Kushi's WoodPlank. This house is San Clemente by Barnesworth Anubis which I've had for years and am totally happy with but I just want different floors now. And Kushi has "normal" and "specular" to go with her textures so that if you are replacing a texture that the original author had especially if it had shading, you can get by.

Then I put up some art works. So there's "#Santa Muerte (The Fair Exchange)" by Bump Squeegee, my favourite artist in SL. 

So I'm happy to keep some of that kitschy Mexican faux folk stuff, sure, but you know, I think now I'm getting more the effect of that scene in "Breaking Bad" where the drug dealers crawl on their hands and knees to the Santa Muerte shrine, you know the one?

You know, folky -- but scary.  This is "The Tree," a painting by Ilyra Chardin.

I actually spent an hour trying to get this hallway closed off to make it into two separate rooms. Some time ago, I just copied a wall and stuck it in. But when I moved, it got all out of alignment. I spent an hour fixing it, then re-rezzed the entire house, which means of course I will pay for this by seeing floating trays and such for weeks. Still, I'm happy.

So right now, I'm living here by myself, which I always do when I work on a project. There are two cats that have cowboy hats. Sadly my many generations of sion chickens ended with this move. Despite being right next to the food, my last chicken named "Hope Springs Eternal" died! And that was after she killed another female, which never happens." So that's the end, I have no more eggs, having deleted a lot of them so the food wouldn't get used up (their creator left SL and hasn't kept out the food vendors).

3,136 m2 and using 1,536 prims, which you can do as it draws from the whole group on that sim and I have empty river parcels. Even so, I have to cut back some. That comes out not to about US $8.50 per month (just based on square meters) but to about US $18 tier per month based on prims.

Jan 2022_161.jpg

Jan 2022_162.jpg

Jan 2022_163.jpg

Jan 2022_169.jpg

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

OK, I sometimes wonder why I do things like this but I decided to move my entire B&B house over a square, and of course, lost 2 out of 6 skyboxes and some furniture in the course of a lot of yellow pick-up box thingies. That is, maybe I have them someplace, but yellow-box failures are fate's way of telling you to start over, no? Sometimes I like things in SL to stay exactly as they are and never change for 18 years. And sometimes not?

So I am super pleased with myself for re-doing the floors. I sanded, shellacked, polished. I was up half the night! OK, I put a different texture on, Kushi's WoodPlank. This house is San Clemente by Barnesworth Anubis which I've had for years and am totally happy with but I just want different floors now. And Kushi has "normal" and "specular" to go with her textures so that if you are replacing a texture that the original author had especially if it had shading, you can get by.

Then I put up some art works. So there's "#Santa Muerte (The Fair Exchange)" by Bump Squeegee, my favourite artist in SL. 

So I'm happy to keep some of that kitschy Mexican faux folk stuff, sure, but you know, I think now I'm getting more the effect of that scene in "Breaking Bad" where the drug dealers crawl on their hands and knees to the Santa Muerte shrine, you know the one?

You know, folky -- but scary.  This is "The Tree," a painting by Ilyra Chardin.

I actually spent an hour trying to get this hallway closed off to make it into two separate rooms. Some time ago, I just copied a wall and stuck it in. But when I moved, it got all out of alignment. I spent an hour fixing it, then re-rezzed the entire house, which means of course I will pay for this by seeing floating trays and such for weeks. Still, I'm happy.

So right now, I'm living here by myself, which I always do when I work on a project. There are two cats that have cowboy hats. Sadly my many generations of sion chickens ended with this move. Despite being right next to the food, my last chicken named "Hope Springs Eternal" died! And that was after she killed another female, which never happens." So that's the end, I have no more eggs, having deleted a lot of them so the food wouldn't get used up (their creator left SL and hasn't kept out the food vendors).

3,136 m2 and using 1,536 prims, which you can do as it draws from the whole group on that sim and I have empty river parcels. Even so, I have to cut back some. That comes out not to about US $8.50 per month (just based on square meters) but to about US $18 tier per month based on prims.

Jan 2022_161.jpg

Jan 2022_162.jpg

Jan 2022_163.jpg

Jan 2022_169.jpg

That did make me laugh, poor chickens! Love what you've done, thanks for replying x

• Like 2

On 3/8/2022 at 11:35 AM, Katherine Heartsong said:

1-parcel.jpg

The most annoying part of Mainland living... That Minecraft grass XD

In a private region you can change the ground texture, on mainland you can't, which is sad since the Skye stuff comes with a grass texture that matches the Zen Garden and Enchanted Woods sets so they can blend together well without that golf course look shining through.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, NanashiNyx said:

The most annoying part of Mainland living... That Minecraft grass XD

In a private region you can change the ground texture, on mainland you can't, which is sad since the Skye stuff comes with a grass texture that matches the Zen Garden and Enchanted Woods sets so they can blend together well without that golf course look shining through.

I don't know much about it, but there's something you can buy to create like a fake ground, fitting exactly over the parcel and then texture it as you wish. Not sure if it works on Mainland though, but it works on estate land to cover their texture x

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Liaa Nova said:

I don't know much about it, but there's something you can buy to create like a fake ground, fitting exactly over the parcel and then texture it as you wish. Not sure if it works on Mainland though, but it works on estate land to cover their texture x

They do work on mainland, but estates tend to be flatter most of the time, my parcel is under 4k and it is set on a hill so it would take a custom bit of mesh landscaping (or one you sink into the ground, but that would likely be a big cliff up front at the lower side of the land) to cover it well.

• Like 3

Our homes are a Houseboat in Carden and a camper in Red Bluff Regions in Bellisseria...

plus no actual homes, but the places where we have been spending more and more time are all on Mainland... in Sevenfold and Poor Latrice Regions on Corsica, Tecta, Sylvina and Lunalis Regions on Heterocera Atoll, Eldora and Tathlina on Sansara, Potter and Houlihan Regions on Nautilus, and a single 1024 parcel in Steinhauer on Satori... for now (or at least that's all I remember at the moment on this account).  I'm sure you don't want to see pictures of all of them, so  I'll just paste a few gyazos I have open right now for various reasons:

Sylvina

bee86355a35a4660cf6799aee62789b4.jpg

current W.I.P. (Lunalis) 1 of 2

5052fd03188924559aae426074667dcd.jpg

current W.I.P. (Lunalis) 2 of 2

61c4850618c567cb4ff5ba35fe490979.jpg

I love this thread!  I wish everyone a great day loving SL ♥♥♥

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

This is my home so far on my homestead. The warehouse is where I do most of my adult stuff at and have my nexus farm system at with a small little jail attached. In the back I am working on buying DFS items to do farming stuff for my partner to enjoy since we have a family together with 2 kids and one on the way. I can't terraform well so this all on grassy landform platforms. 

Snapshot_004.jpg

Snapshot_003.jpg

• Like 10

On 3/8/2022 at 2:35 PM, Katherine Heartsong said:

How does renting work in this game? As opposed to just owning something outright?

• Like 1

I don't have the skills or patience to decorate a larger home and stay within the 351 Li  (Linden Home) and...    I am donating my tier and I don't want to spend more on renting or buying so.........      I went back to a houseboat.   Thanks to @Sylvia Tamalynfor mentioning, there were some available!   

In the houseboat,  I can fill it up and make it feel homey and not have to watch every item so carefully.   No one comes to visit me anyway,  so it works!   :)

Now... off to decorate....   

SL CALI HOUSEBOAT 032322_008.png

• Like 8

2 hours ago, alexbluesea said:

How does renting work in this game? As opposed to just owning something outright?

If you're paying another resident, you're renting either on a private estate or on mainland.

If you pay Linden Lab directly, either through Premium membership, which allows you to purchase 1024 of mainland or a Linden Home...or you purchase a private estate, then you ' own' the land.

'Buying' land on a private estate owned by another resident is actually renting.

• Like 7

I own a bunch of B&B homes on mainland that you're welcome to browse: https://ascendbnb.live.

The ones that I reside in most frequently are my hilltop home in the Old Lands in Hooper, near the Bay of Space Pigs. It's my fav land, with some of my fav neighbors: 

7f03e89c71b360b6ed1e7a2e65e0c0dc.jpg3576aedd58fa619786a5acdd380a30f7.jpg

My very first Belli home in the Shady Corners Retirement Community- the moles blessed me with a beautiful waterfall and camper area behind my home after watching for them to develop for months: 

85eff6d7dc865c94a963ad80768db491.jpg

e3c4f71d1fd717a28c1c6680547de3a1.jpg

My sailing retreat in Myrtle off the Bay of Space Pigs- such a beautiful, peaceful place to sail through: 

cf327d05a2c699623a462385e59db6ce.jpgc7279ea0a964ee2651552bf7c98eb093.jpg

And my winter home right on the ONSR line near Smither's Bluff: 

64f4738fdda6ca663c79ed8795d59e49.jpg2109a08d143da6b3ab9e6d8b9ae598c7.jpg

Most of these are my personal homes that I bounce to when the mood strikes (the last one is a B&B available to rent). I love being able to live and travel from different parts of the mainland to explore the areas around me and discover new faves. Thanks for creating an opportunity for us to share- I love seeing how everyone adds to their world! 

Edited by Soull Starlight
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Soull Starlight said:

I own a bunch of B&B homes on mainland that you're welcome to browse: https://ascendbnb.live.

The ones that I reside in most frequently are my hilltop home in the Old Lands in Hooper, near the Bay of Space Pigs. It's my fav land, with some of my fav neighbors: 

7f03e89c71b360b6ed1e7a2e65e0c0dc.jpg3576aedd58fa619786a5acdd380a30f7.jpg

My very first Belli home in the Shady Corners Retirement Community- the moles blessed me with a beautiful waterfall and camper area behind my home after watching for them to develop for months: 

85eff6d7dc865c94a963ad80768db491.jpg

e3c4f71d1fd717a28c1c6680547de3a1.jpg

My sailing retreat in Myrtle off the Bay of Space Pigs- such a beautiful, peaceful place to sail through: 

cf327d05a2c699623a462385e59db6ce.jpgc7279ea0a964ee2651552bf7c98eb093.jpg

And my winter home right on the ONSR line near Smither's Bluff: 

64f4738fdda6ca663c79ed8795d59e49.jpg2109a08d143da6b3ab9e6d8b9ae598c7.jpg

Most of these are my personal homes that I bounce to when the mood strikes (the last one is a B&B available to rent). I love being able to live and travel from different parts of the mainland to explore the areas around me and discover new faves. Thanks for creating an opportunity for us to share- I love seeing how everyone adds to their world! 

Soul - didn’t you have a camp ground or something too in Lota? Is that you or Yuki? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

HI!  I just purchased a piece of abandoned land  8192 sqm  and I pay the $35 a month land Tier.  I have a small 1024 sqm that a friend uses for an babies clothing store.  We also rent a 4096 sqm parcel near the water    I love decorating stuff  < I'm not saying that I'm any good at it, but I like doing it LOL>  The home we have on the 4096 is a cute smallish funky junk house that is perfect for a beach house  I believe we pay almost $18 USD a month for that, if we pay it weekly it is about $6 a week, if we pay by the month we get a 3 day bonus...I Don't currently have any pics as we are still working on the new parcel but so far its looking pretty good to us :D   I love SL houses so I change on a regular basis... and I have a 'hobby" that drives my partner nuts  I love looking at SL Lands... It helps me pass the time away.

Soull?  I am not sure what a B&B house is?  I've been in SL over 15 years and I feel like I should know but  I have a brain fart about to explode < haha I hope not>

I hope you all have a great day!

Edited by daquari Stawberry
corrected spelling
  • Like 4

This is my place on Circuit la Corse in Celchu. I bought a 1024 roadside parcel and then I added  1024 by buying part of the abandoned land behind me, making the parcel 2048 in total. The ground structure is 

DecoStarF by RAG 142li,  and the skybox is Spargel & Shine Casupolo Giana 174li w/o courtyard (I made a low-prim platform). 

Still a work in progress. Tier is 0, as it is supported by two Premium alts. I am having to decide today whether to keep a third alt so I can expand parcel.

Furniture sparse until I have put up all my Tourist Information posters. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Celchu/125/143/49

groundoncelchufrontview.jpg

skybox in celchu.jpg

interiorbalconycelchu.jpg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, daquari Stawberry said:

Soull?  I am not sure what a B&B house is?  I've been in SL over 15 years and I feel like I should know but  I have a brain fart about to explode < haha I hope not>

Hey there! I create 'bed and breakfast' (B&B, like Airbnb irl- my site build is also inspired by it: https://ascendbnb.live) spots around mainland- typically they're fully furnished and attractive for short stays on mainland roads, waterways, and trails, with all the amenities you'd need to live (with minimal prims to add your touches) and travel. Sorta like a self-service hotel or timeshare- I live in the homes myself first and make them cozy, then offer them for others to get cozy in as well. ;D 

It's def not a new concept (fully furnished rentals), but for the 'bed and breakfast' aspect, along with comfy accommodations I offer info about the area, gifts to use for travel, and even navigation huds to see the attractions that the space is centered around. It's a passion of mine to spread the joy of mainland living to all and I'm honored to share my homes with the community in this way. ♥

• Like 6

I tend to like small homes, this is my latest:

Snapshot_245.jpg.9e472f028089a5906891e27aeb40d304.jpg

it has a fully enclosed Kitchen with everything I need and can roll out a mattress on the floor for sleeping when there is inclement weather. An outside toilet and outside dining.

Snapshot_246.jpg.a2d8b0ed461d95d9b2bc11e38a6e21c7.jpg

Snapshot_247.jpg.eca927b46bea8999389e4f8ff39a93b8.jpg

61 prims in total used, leaving plenty remaining for any passing traffic.

I am always meeting friends and new nice people there. 

• Like 7

This is a work in progress. I took down my Hacienda and put up a modern house. I had to reshape the terrain. I think this place must be one of the best Mainland ones. Water, so I can build my own terrain without mainland ground texture. On water's edge to south and west. The little dark spot to the right is one of my 4 free swimming dolphins. I love them.

The house is mostly empty inside. I always work on the outside first.

Edited to add: It is 4098 m mainland, and I rent for 998 L/week.

When I logged out I have around 830 Li left. I think that should be plenty, and maybe I set out some fish. It is 20 m depth down to the sea bottom.

I will try to have maybe 100 Li left for rezzing and picking stuff apart, up on a platform.

VIP_001.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 12

Soull!! Thank you for the explanation!!  I love the thought you've put behind it!   I know what bed and breakfast is, I was thinking it was a new home creator! < SORRY>  I like that you do this for people Its an awesome idea!  I may check it out for a getaway sometime    Thanks Again!

• Like 2

I'm in a default early edition home.

When you build at scale as I do, the default sized Linden  homes can become and entire bar, restaurant or whatever you want. Cover over the default size textures on the floor and walls with properly scaled floorboards and such and build away.

Me in my default avatar too. How unhip I am :D

1807837046_Screenshot2022-04-09145906.thumb.jpg.12bb77bdfdf91231e055e98bae3cc37d.jpg

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.