Need Script.. Will Pay

Naughty Feila

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone, I need a custom script...

I own a large estate company and parcels are constantly being sold, reclaimed and resold.  On plots that are for sale, I have a prim that I lay down that sends an IM to all my staff when someone comes with a set amount of meters of the prim.   This allows my staff to know when a potiental customer is on a sellable plot.

The problem that I have is that our staff changes regularly.   Whenever they do, I have to visit every plot that is for sale and change the notecard in every prim to  the current staff.    (The prims get sent back when someone buys the plot and replaced when a plot gets put back up for sale).

Having to change the notecards every time a staff member leaves or gets hired is just WAY too difficult, so here is what I need....

I need to have a "master" prim in our store that has a notecard with the staff names...     Then the prims that I place on the land needs to communicate with the "Master prim" to see what staff members should be sent the notification.   That way, I only need to change staff members in a single place, and it effects all prims that are already rezzed or ones that will be rezzed.

At any given time, we have 10 staff members or more that need to be notified.   I do have a server with MySql if it makes this project easier.

Please Im me in world is you think you can do  this project, to negotiate price.  Thanks  :)

Naughty Feila

This is pretty straight-forward script with llEmail, and no, as long as you're okay with leaving the master prim rezzed and updating the child objects when the master prim changes, it wouldn't require any external database.  If you like, contact me in-world and I'd be happy to write it for you.  Or ask a friend, or someone else... it's maybe an hour of work if you include testing.

If you want to do something involving an external database (e.g., MySQL), the project becomes easily an order of magnitude more complex, but would be more resilient against possible changes; for example, you wouldn't need a master prim to worry about being returned and rerezzed.  Unless you have a reason to expect the master prim might get picked up frequently, I'd recommend against making things that complex.

• 2 months later...

For this the solution is simply using a external website. As far as using MySQL for a small staff its really not needed. Its like trying to drive a block in a limo. Calling the data simply from within a simplistic PHP script is fine. And make sure its in a array ex.

<?php$arr = array("somearray" => array(6 => 5, 13 => 9, "a" => 42));echo $arr["somearray"][6];    // 5echo $arr["somearray"][13];   // 9echo $arr["somearray"]["a"];  // 42?>

Simple is simple needs no limo. I'd say any staff 10 or under this would be fine for. Additionally regardless if the item is picked up or not. The object details can be submitted to the PHP script for communication back. Itll work regardless if a sim goes down or not. So no having a down system because of a sim crash or restart. Itll always be operable unless the webserver itself has an issue -heh-. I am not against ideas using Email as a resource. Though I feel in this situation a more consistant measure using PHP is far more prefered.

This solution promotes easy editing by you without having to figure and deal with MySQL if you have never used it. It is simple, however editing core values in a PHP would be easier for most. And also allows for objects to be placed out at will, without worrying about a edit to the connection aka object rez. And the so called master would be the PHP script. So only downtime it'll face is server issues. So all you would have to do is change the master and ALL clients would thus update to the same details as the master.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.