My stupid ex boyfriend created my profile on Second Life and Datemyride

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ok, first thing is first, have you ever had an account with secondlife ? ok can you not just change your password and personal information, that way he wont be able to get onto your avatar ? if you can get onto yyour account it might be best filing a abuse report against him outlining what he has acutally done, any proof would be great, you can also do this offline.

Check the links http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Sharing_or_transferring_Second_Life_accounts

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

Hope this helps, and if you need anything inworld IM me Heaven Lacey

Pity.

"Profile thug" was kind of a turn-on.

(Incidentally, this is the first I've ever heard of that other site.  You know: the hookup site for the NASCAR set.  I'm guessing a gearhead will track down the ex-boyfriend and kill him.  Problem solved.)

I thank what she mean was the guy created an account in SL, put her information in the profile and impersonated her.

Change phone number, tell all friends about what this guy is doing, maybe also look into legal ways to deal with him.

laura74young wrote:

My stupid ex boyfriend created my profile on SecondLife and Datemyride. He is contacting other people (some are our mutual friends) pretending it's me. How do I fight that?

He "created" your profile on "Second Life"? Does he have your password? Change that IMMEDIATELY (and never let anyone ever have your password details, no matter how much you believe you can trust them).

Then get on with your life. Ignore him as much as possible. He will get bored and move on if he is ignored. While he's getting a reaction from you he will keep on getting your attention any which way he can.

what's the name of this 'stupid' ex-boy friend?  is he your RL bf or just some inbred jagoff here in SL?  If he's in SL...a) does he have money? b) does he like ghetto bishes like myself? c) is he gullible? I'm curious 'cos I like doofuses like him as they are easy to connive and exploit...  let me know as this sounds like someone I could easily con and make a tidy profit ...let me know   thanks a lot `moxie~

It really was meant to be humorous, said tongue-in-cheek and all that. It just might work as well as a cease and desist order, though, and is certainly cheaper than paying a lawyer to draw up the paperwork. But you're right, and I would not (necessarily) advocate this course of action.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

It really was meant to be humorous, said tongue-in-cheek and all that. It just might work as well as a cease and desist order, though, and is certainly cheaper than paying a lawyer to draw up the paperwork. 

Unless he gets upset, in which case they both wind up on Judge Judy.

I Think we shall not make this a joke, this is Identity theft a crime, and it seems that girl never had account in SL on 1st place, she need to report that account to LL and if she willing to go far with this she can sue him as well and claim for damages

Our Second Life Identity is an Extend of our Real Life Identity and we shall always deal with it as the same

Tonny Strom wrote:

I
Think we shall not make this a joke, this is Identity theft a crime, and it seems that girl never had account in SL on 1st place, she need to report that account to LL and if she willing to go far with this she can sue him as well and claim for damages

Our Second Life Identity is an Extend of our Real Life Identity and we shall always deal with it as the same

I agree ..it's judge judy time!! and she is noooo joke o.O

129014844736830320.jpg

• 11 months later...

Hello all , first time ive posted on this and not sure im in the right category lol, my problem is a RL EX who now plays SL is banning me from Clubs and places on SL , these are places i havent caused trouble at and some places i havent been to before and i go there and find im banned. Can i do anything about this ? Is there anyway to stop him banning me from places when ive caused no trouble? Many thanks in advance for any help

How could he be doing that? By asking the owners or workers to ban you? Or does he work at those places?

I would go directly to the owner and drop them a notecard and findout what is going on ..

Thats one thing I never did was ban anyone because their X didnt want them around... I would tell them to deal with it lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.