BOM question

Grace Darkes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi!

I have a dummy question which I cannot find an answer to, or maybe I am not reading well enough.  

I was away from Second Life for about 6 years. When I left mesh was becoming the norm for bodies and clothes, but BOM and mesh heads had not been around. Definitely not BOM.

So when I came back in 2021, I was and still am a wee bit lost with Bento, BOM, and so many different creators for heads, bodies, etc..

Being a lazy ass, I don`t want to mess with my already less than perfect avatar.

I have a Maitrieya Lara 5.3 body and a Ga.eg BOM head Rachael. I love both. My question is...

If a  skin that says BOM  Lelutka Evox or Catwa HD or Genus, will it work on my BOM Ga.eg head?

Like for example, WoW skins say full body BOM and then a specific head. 

7 deadly skins says BOM system layers compatible. That, but does that include the head as long as the head is also BOM?

Lastly, is a bento shape better than a regular old shape I make or buy?

I really look forward to any feedback and all feedback. I just don't want to waste hard earned cash on something I can't use. Yeah yeah, I know they have demos and I usually go that route, but my time in the meta verse we call home in Second Life and I prefer to spend my time exploring this glorious world than messing extensively with my avatar.

Thanks so much for your time!!

Gracie

On 3/4/2022 at 5:45 PM, Grace Darkes said:

Lastly, is a bento shape better than a regular old shape I make or buy?

It makes no difference what the shape is underneath.  A.lot of people start with a shape that comes with a mesh head and go from there, editing as you like.

The most popular head now is the Lelutka EvoX type.  It comes in many variations.  It has a completely different skin map so NO old skins will work on it unless you turn it to Classic mode amd NO skin made for EvoX will.work.on any other head.   Each Evo head now has the option to switch between X mode and Classic.  Classic will work with some older skins.

There are subtle differences between each brand of head and why most skins for mesh heads mention which head the skin was made for....Catwa, Genus, Lelutka, etc.

Thank you, Rowan!  I guess I need to decide if I am going to go with the new HD BOM Ga.eg head or with the Lelutka EvoX.

I have found a few skins that are BOM for both head and body, so I think I am good regardless of which decision I make,

You answered my question perfectly. Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, Grace Darkes said:

Thank you, Rowan!  I guess I need to decide if I am going to go with the new HD BOM Ga.eg head or with the Lelutka EvoX.

I have found a few skins that are BOM for both head and body, so I think I am good regardless of which decision I make,

You answered my question perfectly. Thanks so much!

You're welcome.  You won't find nearly as much made specifically for the Ga.eg  head but if it's BOM, most things NOT specifically made for EvoX should work.  Just remember to DEMO DEMO DEMO everything.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.