I'm on the Mesh viewer but see no option to upload models

Meg Nowles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I'm new to Mesh. I'm currently logged in the latest Mesh viewer: Second Life 2.7.3 (232588) Jun  9 2011 18:40:06 (Project Viewer - Mesh Asset Deprecation). I'm on the Aditi grid and on a Mesh sim. I can see Mesh builds. But I don't have the option to upload Mesh models myself. In the 'Upload' menu, my only options are: Image, Sound, Animation, Bulk, Set Default Upload Permissions. 'Model' does not show in my options, although someone else who I'm speaking to right now is on the exact same viewer and can see the 'Model' option.

I'm on Windows. I'm not sure why I can't upload a model. Any ideas ?

You need to be on the ADITI (Beta/Preview grid) to be able to upload mesh. You'll find the ADITI grid in you location drop down. Remember. The main grid is AGNI.

You may fail to login. If so, change you SL password and try again. You may have to wait 24 hours for the new password to reach ADITI. This is a problem is you do not often change your SL password.

Once in ADITI search for regions with MESH in there name. Not all of ADITI is mesh enabled. You want he mesh sandbox regions. Sandbox 20 is a special region setup for the newest Mesh Project Viewer (Asset Depre). You need to read the Mesh Wiki page to know which Project Viewer to use where. Things are changing quickly. probably faster than the wiki.

I'm not sure, but I think there are more than one place where the upload options can be found. I always go to the '+' button below my inventory to find the upload command for mesh objects. Is that the one you have tried? Do you not find Model... and Model wizard... in that menu? If not, perhaps clearing the cache will make it possible to upload mesh?

[EDIT] Just saw your screenshots. Scratch that. 

[EDIT2] Hang on. Isn't Mesh Sandbox 22 also different than the others?

- Luc -

I have found that when on Aditi that sometimes the model upload wont show either when you first log on or even after you have been uploading sometimes it will just disappear. If you walk around the sim or log off and back on it "should" show up. Also if you look in the navigation bar and before the the sandbox number it says dddddddddddMesh Sandbox 20 it is not up at the moment, Runitai may have shut it down for work on it or they may be some other reason it isn't online for uploads. Hope this helps with your problem :D 

They are only four sandboxes on the MAD viewer upload. I am not sure about any of the others. 20, 21, 27, 28 and I believe 20 was down with the dddddddddd for some time yesterday not sure about now.

edit 232588 is the latest version it was compiled yesterday at 2:11 am

Here is link for latest one:

http://automated-builds-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/hg/repo/mesh-asset-deprecation/rev/232588/index.html

Just went to the link you gave me downloaded the viewer and on the MAD enabled sims with that viewer you cant upload or see anything you have created with the MAD viewer. So the confusion continues there are multiple viewers that are the latest for the specific sim you are going to be working in? Also when you go to about it is not listed as a MAD viewer

logged back with the 232588 MAD viewer and upload model is available as well as all my mesh left on sim, Mesh Sandbox 20

When the mesh viewer first became available there were several bugs and the best way I found to get rid of them was to go into your preferences and make sure the mesh viewer used its own separate cache and log directories. Not sure if this is your issue but it can't hurt to try.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.