Streaming Videos Earlier Days Question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I found a picture of me in the old Linden Houses, dated, March 2010. I'm in SL Since 09. I remember buying this TV and watching things, but note it says Hulu and NBC Universal. Does anyone remember if those services could be watched inworld at that time? I have little memory of what I watched other than a few SL shows. Now, I seem to just get Youtube or poor internet search inworld. Thanks so much for having a look.

Snapshot_002 (2).jpg

Edited by JoJo Aurelia
Mispelled

I don't know about then, but you can paste whatever URL you like into your Media link window. I find Google or You Tube to be the easiest to use, but you could paste a link from Hulu, Peacock or HBO Max's webpage. You may need to use the controls on that webpage. I'm not sure if you can touch them through the SL media browser window. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

you could paste a link from Hulu, Peacock or HBO Max's webpage.

Most streaming sites use complicated scripting*. The in-world web browser is decent, but sometimes it just can't handle certain websites.

Case and point, I just checked and neither Crunchyroll nor Funimation, (nor <piracy site>) function via MOAP to watch anime :(

Once upon a time, it was fairly easy to rip the direct media file from a streaming website, but nowadays most sites chunk the video data into individual second-long files to allow for better dynamic quality or something.

Also, the discord webclient works 85% via moap. just FYI YMMV.

* beyond my domain of expertise, speaking in generalities.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 3

Thank you. I do recall I had a remote that gave me channels to pick, so I was so newby then, I couldn't even get the remote out from under the floor, and put in a ticket to get help. LOL. Hilarious. Because I didn't add a link, or do anything but use the offerings in the TV, prompted my question. It must have been preloaded with these options. Interesting. Now, platforms are much more complex for a reason. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.