Is 'any pose' really the best?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am aware of 'any pose' on MP.  Is there another pose maker that is better or the best or different enough for me to consider?  Or are there serious photographers out there who buy more than one pose maker to have more range of motion?  Can u tell me which pose maker you like best/ have and why?  Please note...  I am not going to/ will not be using Black Dragon poses...  I wish to buy a pose maker off MP.  Ty

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AnyPose-Basic-Pose-Stand/774338

• Like 1

When it comes to fine pose tuning on others, AnyPose is considered the best one around with Animare right behind it.

The difference between the two is that Animare is HUD based poser while AnyPose requires you to rezz the pose stand in order to use it. For some cases one is more beneficial than the other. You may find yourself in situation where you can't rezz any object at a sim in order to position pose yourself, in that case Animare would be the way to go, but when it comes to very fine tuning as minor joint adjustment, bending, etc. AnyPose is the go to poses.

In order to use Animare on another person, you have to give them Guest HUD which they then attach and connect to it. While for AnyPose all you need is to have the other person stand on the pose stand and adjust them with your HUD.

As for saving your poses, Animare doesn't have any save slots, the way you "save" your poses is by exporting the pose configuration you set, which then you can save in a file or whatever. AnyPose on the other hand has save option, but on the deluxe version, so you have to reach deep into your pockets.

As a photographer and permanently on Black Dragon Viewer, I use it's built in poser constantly(I know you mentioned you don't want to use it) and because of that I don't see need to use AnyPose at all. It's also good thing to stack up on various poses for basis to adjust after using any of the posers.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

Please note...  I am not going to/ will not be using Black Dragon poses...  I wish to buy a pose maker off MP.  Ty

Any specific reason for this if i may ask or just generally along the lines of not wanting to use other Viewers?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.