Inventory "Resorting" -- Protection disappearing (FS)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have no idea if this is happening in other viewers. I would suspect so. 

For well over a month folders have been moving down a level and not even in the general area where they were previously -- this when moving inventory items by dragging.  As I OH SO CAREFULLY drag a newly bought or made item over to its designated sub folder -- it ends up being placed somewhere else. At the same time (often but not necessarily always) another sub folder, not related at all to the new product or designated folder MOVES. This is usually down several levels, sometimes only one.  

It makes no since at all.  The only way to find where the "missing" folder has moved to is to search for the name. In the case that just happened I was looking for the "rugs" folder under "Home and Garden Indoors".  It wasn't showing up where it should have been and has been for at least five years.  I searched and found it a few folders down on the next lower subfolder level.  I put it back. 

This has happened over and over again so this isn't me dragging things to the wrong place. I can watch the highlighted (designated) folder and see that the object or folder doesn't go where it was headed. Then I have to search the name to find where it has actually gone.

Just now I discovered that many (not all) of my FS protected folders were no longer protected. I absolutely did NOT change that.  This seems very much like a database issue to me -- and a new one.   Yes, items are still really disappearing too and searching for the exact name comes up with nothing. But often these days I just find the item in a VERY wrong place.

Copying over to the folder seems to work, but of course that can't happen if there is a no copy item involved.

So just putting this out there for folks that may be having the same issue.  You are not alone :D.

EDIT:  Here is an example I found this morning when moving some new boxed purchases into my "backup" folder under H and G.  Hair was in with the furniture and deco.  Not too far away this time though as it was in the "H"s.  

image.png.4d1cc346af7f401cad89e3a26111bfa1.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

5 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Dragging is fraught with problems, if you choose the folder to be moved, right-click  and cut it, then right-click on the destination folder and paste you should have a smoother ride.

That's exactly how I do it .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.