Buying a vehicule

GaeMalaparte

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone, and thanks all for your sharing and recommandations. 

I plan to buy my second vehicule on SL.  About the vehicule I project to buy, it says "This item requires you to find a place in Second Life (like a Sandbox) to unpack and use it."   I don't own land and i want to be able to use my vehicule everywhere. The first vehicule I bought needed only a rez zone to be used. Can someone explain me the difference and mainly if not owning a place i can still buy this vehicule and having it in my inventory can I use it all around ?

thanks a lot for your help ;)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GaeMalaparte said:

Can someone explain me the difference and mainly if not owning a place i can still buy this vehicule and having it in my inventory can I use it all around ?

Yes you can. The item will arrive from Marketplace in a box, so you just need someplace the rez the box and unpack it.  That place might be your home, but it could be a sandbox or a rez zone of any kind.  When you have unpacked the box and put the car in your inventory,  you may rez it anywhere that you have permission and may drive it all over SL, the same as your first car.

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos. as always.
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, GaeMalaparte said:

Hi everyone, and thanks all for your sharing and recommandations. 

I plan to buy my second vehicule on SL.  About the vehicule I project to buy, it says "This item requires you to find a place in Second Life (like a Sandbox) to unpack and use it."   I don't own land and i want to be able to use my vehicule everywhere. The first vehicule I bought needed only a rez zone to be used. Can someone explain me the difference and mainly if not owning a place i can still buy this vehicule and having it in my inventory can I use it all around ?

thanks a lot for your help ;)

Some places have roads  and tracks specifically for vehicles. Sau has a cool track and SSOC has nice roads and a tunnel highway system. Those are  a couple that I go to when I feel driving around.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.