Why does my beta viewer not open but my viewer 2 will?

Lydia Alberti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Recently i am unable to open the beta viewer when i first updated it to 2.7.0. Everytime i try to open it, it says "second life has stopped working" then it terminates the program and i cannot get to second life. So then i decided to download the viewer 2 which is currently in 2.6.9 and i can enter the login page and enter secondlife with no problems.

I then decided to uninstall the beta viewer and delete any remaining folders and did a clean reinstall. But when i try and get in, the problem returns and then windows closes the program again. This has also occured for the recent kirsten viewer as well, but i've always trouble opening it because of the same problem. I've only ever had it opened once with no problem but then the problem returns and its useless so i deleted the viewer fully.

Why is it that viewer 2 has no problems but the beta viewer does? What is the problem with my beta viewer and if so how can I fix this?

2 answers to this question

Hi Lydia,

The beta viewer is a viever which is in tests so there may happen bugs. They are usually fixed when the viewer goes out of beta. Please add more information about your computer and internet connection. You can add more information in you post using 'Options'---->Edit. 

You may consider reporting this issue at jira. However it would be good to know what equipment do you use.  

"Beta" means "not ready for prime time yet."  It's an experimental viewer, so you should use it with caution, knowing that it probably still has some problems.  If you want a better guarantee of stability, stick with the current version or use almost any of the third party viewers. 

You are likely to have fewer viewer problems if you don't hop back and forth between viewers a lot. This is especially true if you are switching between V1 and V2 viewers, which handle inventory and some other basic features in very different ways. This may or may not have anything to do with your current problem, but it's worth keeping in mind.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.