I am curious on the opinions of others about Russians who play SL and what if anything LL should do if anything?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

45 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

If LL start banning people because of what their governments do, then a lot of us -- certainly Brits like me, and also Americans, I think -- will be in trouble.

Oh hell, Innula. If LL knew what I did in RL, they'd ban me! Here's an example. Tell me what's in this bowl...
229193453_FrenchOnionSoup.jpeg.18fe629ebe3f4830e8b8aa2fedad574b.jpeg

@Scylla Rhiadra knows. I put that on her windowsill.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Just remember that it's not how it is all over the world.

Exactly.
That was a very common American view on politics from Nick. But totally not true in all cases.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Oh hell, Innula. If LL knew what I did in RL, they'd ban me! Here's an example. Tell me what's in this bowl...

My opinion about it: Looks great, I would eat it.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Onions, and some kind of meat that I couldn't possibly identify (and wouldn't want to eat).  

I don't think you're supposed to put meat in French Onion soup.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maitimo said:

Onions, and some kind of meat that I couldn't possibly identify (and wouldn't want to eat).  

I should have obscured the file name. It's a dead wrong giveaway.

That's a bowl of apple pie.

...awaits the ban hammer.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

This is what she wants you to believe.

DO NOT BE FOOLED! THE TRUTH IS MORE HORRIFYING!!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Say what?

Yes. She offered it to me under the pretense that it was French Onion soup.

It's the results of an "experimental" quickie recipe for apple pie. Rather like the sad, deformed survivor of some grotesque genetic experiment, really.

I still feel queasy thinking about it.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Just remember that it's not how it is all over the world.

I am an anarchist my dear ChinRey,  if tomorrow morning i woke up and all current forms of governments and states were gone forever from the planet i would be the happiest person. (only voted once 24 years ago and that was while i was in the army driving the bus for the other soldiers to vote.)

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Say what?

I've been attempting (for years now) to lower the calorie count of the things I eat, so I can eat more of them. I found a recipe for apple pie with crumbly top crust only. It uses sugar substitues (stevia, allulose, erithrytol) and apple sauce to replace most of the butter in the crust. Clearly, the apples were not the best for baking, and produced far more liquid than the flour and cornstarch could handle. The applesauce dried out, producing a crusty shield Captain America would be proud of. The meat bits you see are pieces of the crust I was able to chisel loose.

It actually tastes fine. Those of you who know me won't be surprised to hear that I'm calling it a success and intend to serve it to guests someday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

It looks far nicer than my dad's spider stew,but for some reason I thought it was peaches with a Weetabix garnish (I've had worse). 

Heck, Maddie, if you and I were stuck in a lift for long enough I'd eat you! 

(Dish is nice by the way too. Used to have dinner ware quite similar when I was married. A bit of a bugger to clean sometimes with the embossed fruit.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Magnus McGettigan said:

I am curious to know if anyone thinks LL will start banning Russian IPs since they log in from the country that is invading Ukraine? I remember hearing stories in the past of other countries using SL for meetups to discuss things since it flew under the radar. While I admit i am sure not all Russians are for Putin invading.. but makes you wonder since this world is on a global scale.. I also wonder if there are any Ukraine groups where one can get actual boots on the ground updates. 

Just a curiosity of mine. 

The only thing Russian SL users might be impacted with is the ability to cash out their process credits as per today's sanctions.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.