I re installed my viewers, now when I use Viewer 2 (Beta or 2.7) the terrain on my sim won't load

Viktor Braumley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently re installed all of my viewers and now the terrain textures on my sim won't load properly.  The ground appears blurry even after everything else loads.  it only happens in my sim, all other locations that I have been to are fine.  Is this a setting or something I am missing?  I have never had this happen before until now with the terrain.  It occured a few weeks ago with random objects, but that cleared up now it's my terrain.

1 answer to this question

First, I see you are using a beta viewer.  By definition a beta program (in this case your viewer) is not a final version of the program........it's released so that bugs and problems can be found, reported and fixed.  Beta programs more often than not contain bugs and problems.  The developers know this and want the people who use the beta release to report them.....the users of beta software are "testers".  So, by you using the beta viewer, the developers expect you to report the problems and/or bugs to them..........you should create a jira concerning your issue.  That is what a beta tester does.

Be that as it may.  It appears your problem is a cache problem (assuming it's not a bug in the beta release, which it may well be).  Look on the "Setup" tab in preferences and make note of the cache location on your computer.  I just outlined how to find your cache and how to delete it in other post:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/Textures-look-blurry-on-certain-things/qaq-p/921653

Give that a try.  If it does not work then create a jira so that the developers can work on fixing the problem.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.