Clouds aren't showing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Penelope. I guess you have your graphics quality to low or medium. Set your graphics to High or better to Ultra and you will see the clouds in your sky.

Alternatively you can play with your Environment Editor. In viewer 2 give the command: Menu World --> Sun --> Environment Editor --> Advanced Sky --> Sky presets and play there.

Hiya, Penelope, here is a video tutorial, made by Torley Linden. It might help you with your graphics settings.

Also, there are other video tutorials on how to do lots of things in SL. http://www.youtube.com/user/Secondlife Some are for Viewer 2, some are for the old Viewer 1.23 - I don't know which one you are using, but I am sure you will find something useful among these tutorials. I've certainly found them invaluable during my time in Second Life.

You are welcome Penelope. Did you watch the video Marigold posted for you? With few words in Viewer 2 the command is Menu Me --> Prerefences --> Graphics Tab. As Torley explains in the video the higher quality, performance and draw distance, the more information your computer will receive from the servers hosting the regions around you, so the longer the time your computer will need in order to upload everything you see around.

@Marigold: Nice Video. Greetings...

I love Torley's videos too! Makes me laugh as well as teach me stuff! :D

As LoveAngel said, you have to check in your graphics settings - at least Atmospheric shaders have to be checked. Then you have to - again what she said - go to world->Sun->Environment editor. In the panel that comes up, you adjust ONE cloud cover setting with the Cloud cover slider. There is another one to check, though. Go to Advanced Sky, press Clouds and then check Draw Classic Clouds.

The first one controls the 'painted' clouds on the sky, and the latter draws the volumetric clouds at around 200m that you can fly through.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.