why are there more earrings specifically for Lelutka Evo a not for others only? why can't the makers make unrigged earing also?

Zikyre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Zikyre said:

Please give me answers because the makers are really knocking down their customer bases. 

The customer base is Lelutka Evo at the moment.

... says a Lelutka Evo wearer.

It took hours fitting complicated ear jewelry of 5 or more parts per ear. It simply was not doable for customers unless they spent a long time on a posestand moving and adjusting parts. Therefore people bought add-on ears with included ear jewelry. It is a relief to toss the add-on ears in the garbage. No more fitting and skin matching.

Did you complain about the add-on ears too?

The main sellers of "EvoX only" are selling those complex sets with piercings and hanging parts. And when they master the rigging of those sets, it is natural to continue doing this for simpler earrings too. It is a waste of money doing double uploads.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Zikyre said:

Please give me answers because the makers are really knocking down their customer bases. 

The reason is because not enough people wear other heads, the user-base is almost all Lelutka these days. Creators won't make stuff for other heads because they would not sell enough. And they can't be unrigged, because then they won't work with ear animations.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zikyre said:

This is how SL works, residents are the creators.  If you feel there is a need for something or you want something you cannot find it....learn to create it.  There is no one person or entity that has all the answers.

As has been explained, Lelutka Evo/EvoX is leading that market. Not much more I can expound further.

• Like 2

While Lelutka Evo/X is flavour of the month and rigging makes for a better fit there are still stores doing/including stuff not rigged to a particular head. I almost never shop for these things though i have bought a couple from Cae & Ysoral both very reasonable complexity and one from Shanghai though what things i've had from there have been very high in complexity

• Like 1

Buy and wear unrigged earrings or wear old earrings that were never meant for mesh heads.

I think it's funny how newer people complain about stuff that isn't really that difficult.

You're lucky you never had to adjust a prim flexi skirt or prim flexi hair.

(Goes back to screaming at the fresh fruit cups vendor for having an annoying horn.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Buy and wear unrigged earrings or wear old earrings that were never meant for mesh heads.

I think it's funny how newer people complain about stuff that isn't really that difficult.

You're lucky you never had to adjust a prim flexi skirt or prim flexi hair.

(Goes back to screaming at the fresh fruit cups vendor for having an annoying horn.)

I remember a while back someone was complaining about earrings NOT being rigged.

Just can't please everybody.

• Like 1

I recently was cleaning out inventory.  I spent a lot of time with old earrings I still love, adjusting them to my mesh head.  Same with some old necklaces.  There are still earring sets that are unrigged but I doubt that's what the OP is looking for.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Fetch-Mini-Earring-Set/16624946

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Zikyre said:

I am not new to the game I have been setting on a pose stand for minutes uncounted before I am not saying rigging is bad at all but when I see really nice earrings and I can’t wear them to match my necklace or rings it’s a drag I have many Evo heads also just not the look for what I am using now and if I could build like that I really would not be b!+€#ing about it at all. 

As a creator, though I don't make rigged stuff (I do eyes), I can tell you that making something in SL and trying to make it for EVERY head, body, etc.. would probably not be very time efficient. Also, considering the market, which all creators should, if the trend is LeLutka, then that is what creators will make for, or at least include. 

I wondered for a long time why people don't just use Omega for eyes, since creating a hud for each head is.. well.. a waste of time in my opinion. But, I noticed that when I include a hud for Catwa, one for Lelutka and an omega as well as BOM, my sales were better. Therefore, I created for what the market asks for. It is  not a good use of my time trying to convince people to use just Omega, and who knows what the future holds for this too. We see things changing fast in SL, and what is the flavor of the month will change as new things come out and people create new ways of doing things. 

If you like something and it doesn't come unrigged, you may want to reach out to the creator and let them know.. some may just do it for you, or may consider it in the future for all their work. I wish more customers would reach out to me to let me know what they like, what works and what doesn't.. it really helps creators to tailor what they do to their customers needs!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2022 at 8:58 PM, Rowan Amore said:

I recently was cleaning out inventory.  I spent a lot of time with old earrings I still love, adjusting them to my mesh head.  Same with some old necklaces.  There are still earring sets that are unrigged but I doubt that's what the OP is looking for.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Fetch-Mini-Earring-Set/16624946

I have lots of old jewelry I love too! They can pry my Tarika Claw earrings from my cold, dead hands. And I forgot to mention Kunglers. I do not think that store sells rigged earrings at all.

[Kunst] has only one set of rigged earrings, all the others are unrigged.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I have lots of old jewelry I love too! They can pry my Tarika Claw earrings from my cold, dead hands. And I forgot to mention Kunglers. I do not think that store sells rigged earrings at all.

[Kunst] has only one set of rigged earrings, all the others are unrigged.

I recently did a pic with a Donna Flora necklace that I actually had on my previous avatar.  Most of her items were always no copy/transfer so it was nice to still be able to use it since she's no longer with us.

I am confused as why you need rigging for earrings. If the ears are not moving why do you need rigging?

The rigging for evo elf ears has to be rigged right because those move, but unless I missed a setting the standard human ears do not move..

So, I am a bit confused why you need them rigged. I myself do not own a pair of rigged earrings.

btw: I love Kunglersas well. Very pretty jewelry.

Edited by LittleSparrow Skydancer
  • Like 2

On 2/14/2022 at 5:37 PM, Tess Falworth said:

As a creator, though I don't make rigged stuff (I do eyes), I can tell you that making something in SL and trying to make it for EVERY head, body, etc.. would probably not be very time efficient. Also, considering the market, which all creators should, if the trend is LeLutka, then that is what creators will make for, or at least include. 

I wondered for a long time why people don't just use Omega for eyes, since creating a hud for each head is.. well.. a waste of time in my opinion. But, I noticed that when I include a hud for Catwa, one for Lelutka and an omega as well as BOM, my sales were better. Therefore, I created for what the market asks for. It is  not a good use of my time trying to convince people to use just Omega, and who knows what the future holds for this too. We see things changing fast in SL, and what is the flavor of the month will change as new things come out and people create new ways of doing things. 

If you like something and it doesn't come unrigged, you may want to reach out to the creator and let them know.. some may just do it for you, or may consider it in the future for all their work. I wish more customers would reach out to me to let me know what they like, what works and what doesn't.. it really helps creators to tailor what they do to their customers needs!

The problem is.. many creators have "I do not respond to suggestions" in their profiles.  lol

5 hours ago, LittleSparrow Skydancer said:

am confused as why you need rigging for earrings. If the ears are not moving why do you need rigging?

Convenience and ease of use. Depends a lot of the earrings' style and type, though. If it's something simple, like an actual ring or two, then yeah, resizing it is very easy and fast. But if it's something complex with some extra rings and chains and whatever else creator added (RAWR had a few like that), then getting it "right" will be nearly impossible for some people.

Plus some people change shapes and mesh heads often, making resizing such complex earrings even more of a hassle when they'd have to do it many times if they wanted to use it for their different looks, while rigged ones are "put on and forget".

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.