How to keep EEP settings between logins in the SL Viewer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 804 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First of all, in Firestorm when I select an EEP preset for Skies, Water and Days, the EEP stays the same between logins.  So I don't need the question answered for Firestorm, because it works as it should in Firestorm

With the SL Viewer, I open the Environments window.  I want to set Days and Water to Default, so I type in Default and select Default and Apply Only To Myself for Days and Water.

Next I want the Skies set to Nam's Optimal Skin and Prim, so I type Nam in search box, select the Nam's Optimal Skin and Prim, and Apply Only To Myself.

Now I have the EEP environment settings I want. They stay that way until I log out.  I log back in and they are set to some dark scene - NOT what I just set.  

How do I Save these 3 presets so they DO NOT RESET when I relog, in the SL Viewer?

Of Course FS retains my personal settings, but I have to help the poor suckers on the SL Viewer.  

I have watched all the tutorials, and they are of zero help, since they assume once you set your personal settings, they stay that way.

Thanks

Edited by Jaylinbridges

First: The viewer deliberately resets to the region preset as EEP is meant to hand power of the user's environment settings to the parcel owner. This is intended behaviour - as setting and forgetting a personal preset makes the region settings obsolete, which can break content if it depends on certain environment settings - this isn't going to change. Firestorm's behaviour is non-standard.

There's a debug setting - 'EnvironmentPersistAcrossLogin' which, when enabled, will do what you want. I wouldn't recommend it though, as it breaks more than it fixes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

Firestorm's behaviour is non-standard.

There's a debug setting - 'EnvironmentPersistAcrossLogin' which, when enabled, will do what you want. I wouldn't recommend it though, as it breaks more than it fixes.

Thank You Jenna.  Given that TPV's account for 90% of all experienced SL users, there must be a lot of broken parcels on the grid.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 804 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.