Jump to content

Unlocked collar? What that means?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

i think true dominant dont need collar , you ask they do 😜

and I think in relation when 2 personalities get bounded.

there are dom and sub and  often they switch

just point of view from nonpractitioner.

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because clicking a menu option is so much more realistic than actually doing the scene.  I equate it with chatty bits that tell.everyone how aroused I am when someone touches my kitty.   Yawn.  

One's own Dom may require that when at home, you remain naked.  He doesn't need to ask and he certainly shouldn't have to demand since it can be part of the agreement.  I return home, I disrobe, I kneel at his feet if that is what is required.  THAT is why I say the collar is secondary and lazy and only in SL is it more than a sign of your commitment.   SL collars, in terms of D/s, are kinky playtime.  Period.  No RL collar strips you...just sayin'.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Ps- personally I love it when a Domme uses collar huds or commands to undress or pose me and in my experience, Dommes who know what they are doing, seem to like it too. It is the ones who just order by texts for me to strip that seem the lazy ones and are not really into the RP other then getting a quickie....usually males.

Why would any Dom want to use collar huds/commands rather than order their sub to do it? I could just as easily get a bot and do the same. The whole reason to have an actual breathing person as a sub is the dynamic between the two. 

How is conversing that they want you to strip and the back and forth between the Dom and Sub be more lazy than clicking a button? Roleplay IS part of it. Good lord, do you have zero emoting skills? Do you want us to go back to talking bits and just clicks?

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Another damned tease!

...sets you on fire.

 

I started to live a "retro futurist" lifestyle, and the kind of goals / objects / collecting I work towards at home, are the kind of things most people could only do in Second Life. Formal Hindu Shrine room. 1920's appliances. 1950's "faux" kitchen. Music "suite" with every type of instrument. Modular synthesizers.  Too many to list but..

I was trying to list for a friend, things that I have "gotten out of the house" as part of my "retro lifestyle choices", but keep forgetting some. Here's an attempt at a good list. Would you want to do without these? 

- Closets / Closet Doors: bedroom, bathroom, entry, laundry. No closet or closet door means, no clutter. 

- Couch and "coffee table"

- Refrigerator: using mini-fridge and mini-freezer instead

- Dishwasher 

- Oven / Range: the modern one is gone, still have the vintage gas range and a specialized electronic oven (Brava).

- Bedroom dresser (repurposed)

- Wall art (most of it)

- Spare Room / "Guest room": this was only used for storage, I'll sleep in there when it's complete. It will primarily be my formal Hindu shrine room. 

- Kitchen cabinets and counters: removal in process, not replacing them. The "faux 50's" kitchen doesn't count, I'm referring to the actual kitchen room. 

- Most modern kitchen gadgets including Microwave oven  (a selection of gadgets "won the gadget derby" and were kept)

- Sure, some things just moved: Dog crates (now stored in shed), Treadmill (now on lanai)

Still to go sample list:

- Garbage disposal 

- Bed (I have very "curious" plans on what to sleep on instead)

- Kitchen / Bathroom Sinks: replacing with vintage style 

  One reason this list is hard to remember, is that time passes. 

Example: The microwave oven - it has been gone a couple years. You don't think about something after that long, unless you miss it. I only think about it when shopping, because so many frozen foods are intended to be microwaved. 

 I suppose, if caught in a conversation about someone's microwave oven, I can learn to keep quiet. 

  Otherwise I'll be "that guy", who has to tell everyone that he's on the Keto diet (I'm not anymore), or a Vegan (I'm not..ok, vegetarian), or whatever. Or, "I have a retro lifestyle".

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Because clicking a menu option is so much more realistic than actually doing the scene.  I equate it with chatty bits that tell.everyone how aroused I am when someone touches my kitty.   Yawn.  

One's own Dom may require that when at home, you remain naked.  He doesn't need to ask and he certainly shouldn't have to demand since it can be part of the agreement.  I return home, I disrobe, I kneel at his feet if that is what is required.  THAT is why I say the collar is secondary and lazy and only in SL is it more than a sign of your commitment.   SL collars, in terms of D/s, are kinky playtime.  Period.  No RL collar strips you...just sayin'.

Apparently we posted at the same time... 

GET OUT OF MY HEAD, WOMAN!!! You really wont like it in there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It is my own opinion that it is the Lifestylers and Purists who are to blame for the virtual community having taken such a nosedive over the years, to a point where even those who might like to dip their toe into it, are discouraged by this crazy insistence that it is only safe to do so if one has a Masters degree in BDSM. Lifestylers and Purists need to get over themselves methinks because they are killing the golden goose that allows the curious to even try it out in a virtual safe setting.

It's not the lifestylers and purists who drive the dominants from the SL adult scene, it's the wall to wall one handed typists looking for someone, anyone, to help scratch that itch. It's a senseless and grueling empty dance to be a means to an end.

Either you put your heart in the game, or you don't. Just don't be a jerk an bemoan those who do for spoiling the "fun" by not "playing".

The door to a little personal growth is always open.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The collar is for the sub. The dom doesn't wear one. 

collar just  a pose tool

imo

D/s is psychological relation,

 when D ask S to do something , S do it actively ,and  controlled by real user (not rlv collar).

 

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nick usually wears a collar or a leash depending on outfit, both left unconfigured. They mean nothing other than being fashion items bought just for the looks so if anyone wants to click it's cool with me, chances are i probably wont even notice it cause i don't care about avatar BDSM RP.

(From time to time random "women" will send an IM in regards to the leash but they are so boring that i don't bother replying.)

*The collar is practical though, whenever i am too lazy to move the avatar or busy in RL and want to stay in local voice chat range with a friend i 'll set it to follow.

nHxyLfW.png

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I started to live a "retro futurist" lifestyle, and the kind of goals / objects / collecting I work towards at home, are the kind of things most people could only do in Second Life. Formal Hindu Shrine room. 1920's appliances. 1950's "faux" kitchen. Music "suite" with every type of instrument. Modular synthesizers.  Too many to list but..

I was trying to list for a friend, things that I have "gotten out of the house" as part of my "retro lifestyle choices", but keep forgetting some. Here's an attempt at a good list. Would you want to do without these? 

- Closets / Closet Doors: bedroom, bathroom, entry, laundry. No closet or closet door means, no clutter. 

- Couch and "coffee table"

- Refrigerator: using mini-fridge and mini-freezer instead

- Dishwasher 

- Oven / Range: the modern one is gone, still have the vintage gas range and a specialized electronic oven (Brava).

- Bedroom dresser (repurposed)

- Wall art (most of it)

- Spare Room / "Guest room": this was only used for storage, I'll sleep in there when it's complete. It will primarily be my formal Hindu shrine room. 

- Kitchen cabinets and counters: removal in process, not replacing them. The "faux 50's" kitchen doesn't count, I'm referring to the actual kitchen room. 

- Most modern kitchen gadgets including Microwave oven  (a selection of gadgets "won the gadget derby" and were kept)

- Sure, some things just moved: Dog crates (now stored in shed), Treadmill (now on lanai)

Still to go sample list:

- Garbage disposal 

- Bed (I have very "curious" plans on what to sleep on instead)

- Kitchen / Bathroom Sinks: replacing with vintage style 

  One reason this list is hard to remember, is that time passes. 

Example: The microwave oven - it has been gone a couple years. You don't think about something after that long, unless you miss it. I only think about it when shopping, because so many frozen foods are intended to be microwaved. 

 I suppose, if caught in a conversation about someone's microwave oven, I can learn to keep quiet. 

  Otherwise I'll be "that guy", who has to tell everyone that he's on the Keto diet (I'm not anymore), or a Vegan (I'm not..ok, vegetarian), or whatever. Or, "I have a retro lifestyle".

I think you might be on to something, Love. There are days I think that I should grab a backpack, get on my bicycle and ride into a much simpler life. But, when I walk out into the garage to look at it, I see the Miata and reconsider.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Because clicking a menu option is so much more realistic than actually doing the scene.  I equate it with chatty bits that tell.everyone how aroused I am when someone touches my kitty.   Yawn.  

In r/l it is possible to undress each other as part of the lovemaking, inworld one can achieve similar by using strip clothing or menu options. Adventurous I know but hey, it is fun! Try it some time. It certainly beats the strip, wham, bam, thank you maam, missionary sex. 

Quote

One's own Dom may require that when at home, you remain naked.  He doesn't need to ask and he certainly shouldn't have to demand since it can be part of the agreement.  I return home, I disrobe, I kneel at his feet if that is what is required.  THAT is why I say the collar is secondary and lazy and only in SL is it more than a sign of your commitment.   SL collars, in terms of D/s, are kinky playtime.  Period.  No RL collar strips you...just sayin'.

I almost fell asleep just reading this bit. 🥱 Creators and developers have spent oodles of time giving us tools to augment the roleplay, some of us like using them.

13 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Why would any Dom want to use collar huds/commands rather than order their sub to do it? I could just as easily get a bot and do the same. The whole reason to have an actual breathing person as a sub is the dynamic between the two. 

How is conversing that they want you to strip and the back and forth between the Dom and Sub be more lazy than clicking a button? Roleplay IS part of it. Good lord, do you have zero emoting skills? Do you want us to go back to talking bits and just clicks?

Well first off, it is faster clicking the sub a couple times to strip her in the way and timing desired rather then type out the command and then wait for her to open Inventory, find the appropriate clothing part and remove. Why leave it up to her if the Dom/me can accomplish the same with 2 mouseclicks? And yes, you could get a bot but many still prefer a breathing and emoting partner while still enjoying the ability to strip clothing when the Domme, desires instead of waiting for her to find the part and do it. It must be a popular thing as Collars themselves have the ability to use RLV Outfit folders, allowing the Domme some control of what the sub is to wear if anything. Obviously this isn't something you seem to enjoy but many do.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

It's not the lifestylers and purists who drive the dominants from the SL adult scene, it's the wall to wall one handed typists looking for someone, anyone, to help scratch that itch. It's a senseless and grueling empty dance to be a means to an end.

Either you put your heart in the game, or you don't. Just don't be a jerk an bemoan those who do for spoiling the "fun" by not "playing".

The door to a little personal growth is always open.

Can you point out where I can find these wall to wall dominant typists? Their numbers seem to be shrinking even when I stop in at the Temple.

Personal growth is always good, especially when it starts with the acceptance that not everyone is going to start from the same place, strive for the same endpoint, or do it in the time others think they should. Within S/L the tools are available to start the journey, and help and suggestions are often appreciated but when they start becoming orders and dictates as to how one needs to do it, the fun of the journey quickly loses its shine. Fundamentalists of any stripe push more away then they attract.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Try it some time. It certainly beats the strip, wham, bam, thank you maam, missionary sex. 

Yeah, I don't do that either.  Random sex with men who don't even bother to take off their pants is just plain silly to me.  But whatever floats your boats.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Can you point out where I can find these wall to wall dominant typists? Their numbers seem to be shrinking even when I stop in at the Temple.

There's your first mistake.. 

Anytime I have gone to a so called BD/SM sim, club, dungeon, whatever, they all seem to be populated by the whiniest, top from the bottom, bratty, think they are gods gift to a Dom/me subs and the over the top, threatening, legacy name with Master in it, little boys who would poop their pants if they ever came within 5 feet of a RL sub, wanna be Doms. 

I have never found anyone i even wanted to spend an hour playing with at those places. The best place to find a Dom is out and about. Wander SL. Go to various BD/SM discussion groups, TALK TO PEOPLE.

"Oh my collar is open so anyone who grabs it must be the best dom ever." 

I have never used any function other than a leash in a collar. If I am going to Role play a scene, then ROLE PLAY IT. 

*click* "oooh ur nakkid." *click* "ooooh now ur on ur kneez." *click* "How do i do the secks?" 

That's how it was when bits first hit the market, I really thought we were past that.  Personally, I prefer a nicely written emote to a mouse click. But that's probably just me.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RLV toys, in the hands of a skilled operator, used as an extension and addition to actual text based roleplay or negotiation can be a great deal of fun.

*click click click* suddenly and completely out *click click* the blue *click click* you're a shiny rlv locked down sex potato ..*click click*

not so much fu .. HEY WHERE DID YOU GO !!?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Click me harder daddy.

🤣🤣🤣boring-monkey.gif.616e27d71ce71b9f68f24b8a715a1f24.gif

meanwhile on the other side .....

applause-nap-time(1).gif.37e863cf3d55bf6229a53e6fe630b3b8.gif

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...