How do I fix the neck seam on Legacy Athletic and Lelutka Skyler?

Bowlslaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Playing with the default applier skin that comes with Legacy Athletic body. There is a neck blender on the HUD of the body, and there are several neck fix folders that came with the body.

In the instructions, it says, for the upper neck area, I have to use a "drop slot", or make my own applier for Lelutka Skyler.

i don't know what it's talking about and can't find this in the Skyler HUD or their website anywhere. Does anyone know what they're talking about?

The answer really depends on whether you are using an applier on your Lelutka head for your skin or BOM. If you are using BOM, then using the supplied tattoo layer neck fix should work but only IF you are not using EVO X for your face. Right click and add the one that matches the color you choose on the Legacy HUD. If you are wearing an EVO X skin, the Legacy neck blender will not work (It is made for the original UV map). There are third party neck blenders that work on EVO X but you really need to be using BOM to use them.

Things get complicated when you use BOM on one part of the body and appliers on another. I highly suggest using BOM all the way around if you can.

I am not as familiar with the "drop slot" technique on the Lelutka heads. Someone else hopefully can explain that better than I can. 

Edited by Mercedes Avon
Added more info.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

The answer really depends on whether you are using an applier on your Lelutka head for your skin or BOM. If you are using BOM, then using the supplied tattoo layer neck fix should work but only IF you are not using EVO X for your face. Right click and add the one that matches the color you choose on the Legacy HUD. If you are wearing an EVO X skin, the Legacy neck blender will not work (It is made for the original UV map). There are third party neck blenders that work on EVO X but you really need to be using BOM to use them.

Things get complicated when you use BOM on one part of the body and appliers on another. I highly suggest using BOM all the way around if you can.

I am not as familiar with the "drop slot" technique on the Lelutka heads. Someone else hopefully can explain that better than I can. 

Yes, I currently use BoM for everything. So they are Evo only, that's why it looks funny... thanks.

So when I turn off Evo X, I can get it to work by using the HUD's neck fix plus the provided tattoo layer. All for trying to make their default Legacy Athletic skin work. Even though I don't really use it I like to learn how. Gives ke a much greater appreciation for BoM.

3 hours ago, Bowlslaw said:

So when I turn off Evo X, I can get it to work by using the HUD's neck fix plus the provided tattoo layer. All for trying to make their default Legacy Athletic skin work. Even though I don't really use it I like to learn how. Gives ke a much greater appreciation for BoM.

You could pick up a demo of an Evo skin, switch your head back to Evo and play around with the neck blender.  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DEMO-Stray-Dog-GABRIEL/21946846

I loved the skin on the original TMP body and used it exclusively for a long time with a neck.blender.   This was way before BOM.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Lagacy is capable of using BoM you just need media enabled and to turn it on in the relevant section of the body Hud plus a suitable BoM skin. EvoX is something that is unique to Lelutka heads  

What I mean is that they don't offer their default applier body skin as a BoM layer, and that their neck seam fix options were not made for Evo X.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.