Where do I find an empty Poseball?

Efotech

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone. My wife is into photography, and I am into making poses. I am trying to find a set of copy/transfer poseballs that will disapear when people sit on them, but have not had any luck finding them on the marketplace, I'm sure they are there, I'm just looking in the wrong places. Can someone point me in the right direction to these?  

• 2 weeks later...

Its all done with scripts. So, you need to be looking for scripts more than pose-balls.

There are script libraries for SL and OpenSim. Some OpenSim scripts will not run in SL because the language there and here have different ideas about security and permissions. Teleport and avatar control scripts have the most differences.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 5:10 PM, Efotech said:

Hi everyone. My wife is into photography, and I am into making poses. I am trying to find a set of copy/transfer poseballs that will disapear when people sit on them, but have not had any luck finding them on the marketplace, I'm sure they are there, I'm just looking in the wrong places. Can someone point me in the right direction to these?  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Animazoo-Animations-Free-Poseballs/1270096

• Like 1

Might I suggest instead of looking for empty pose balls which you can also create yourself, you go for a pose stand. 

Here's why:

As photographer myself I tend to have a lot of poses in the form of animations or pose balls which I also tend to extract and whether it's me or someone I shoot, I rotate through various poses and different angles to get the most of it. Unlike pose balls(considering you make single poses that is), the pose stand offers you better control over the pose as you can cycle through multiple poses at once, you get the ability to position it better as the pose stand remains visible after you or your model hops on it. Once you position it you can either move the stand in the ground to hide it or depending on the pose stand you bought hide it through a HUD or menu.

Here's one great example of a pose stand I'm using and am very happy with: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Professional-Pose-stand/3948015
You can see in the first photo how the stand looks and the options it provides. Once you or your wife set up the desired pose by either using the arrows on the stand or the menu and position, you can hide it with single click as shown on the second photo.

The process of adding and removing poses from pose balls or pose stands is the same, but the stand offer better functionality and can also support couples poses with the right script.

PoseStand.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have poses set into a stool (both one I made, and one from Luna Fatale - that one is nomod, though, so you get what is in it which is nice but somewhat limiting - that came with my photo studio lighting) with AVSitter to change them like a normal piece of furniture. Same as a pose stand, but visible in the photo, and since I already do a lot of AVSitter work modding other people's furniture it's easy for me to manage the edits on them.

If you actually want an old ball it's just creating a little prim of the shape (including sculpties) you want and dropping a freebie script in there so it animates you when you "sit" on it.

Just remember to pick it up after use if it's in public. Having little blue balls laying around makes your entire sim look dated even if everything else is spectacular :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Get a full perm pose, then take the pose that came with it out and put yours in. This is how I always get an empty pose ball. I never have needed one that was transfer but if the pose ball is transfer to start with it should be after you switch poses.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.