Invitation to join group

Kylie Jaxxon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all :)

Yesterday & again today, I get an invite to join a group and hit join, but it does not show up in my list of groups and my group tag doesn't change.  Anyone know if there is a problem lately with this?

ETA:  I have group slots available

Edited by Kylie Jaxxon

I use the official LL Viewer and my experience is that all friend requests and group invitations, when received offline, always fail.

Friend requests and group invitations, when received online, sometimes fail, so another attempt is necessary.

I don't know if the online failure is connected with the problem of the offline failure, but this bug has been around for a long time and I do hope it will get fixed, soon.

Edited by Charlie Rowley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Hi all :)

Yesterday & again today, I get an invite to join a group and hit join, but it does not show up in my list of groups and my group tag doesn't change.  Anyone know if there is a problem lately with this?

ETA:  I have group slots available

let me add a data point.

Yesterday (2/4/22) when I tried to join groups manually through a link in local chat, or from a search result, I'd click the join button and after a few moments, the form would come back with the "join" button still active.  I had to click on the join button a second time before I was actually added to the group.  it was like the first time, the request to join got lost or rejected by the server.  it was only a very tiny number of groups I was joining but it struck me as annoyingly strange that it was happening.

edit: to add it's on Firestorm on a RC channel sim, but I'm not sure which RC off the top of my head.

Edited by Anna Salyx
  • Thanks 3

• 7 months later...

pull down menu: Advanced  Show Debug Settings  ( or hit Cntrl+Alt+Shift+S )
Search for : type : Invite  in the search box: it shows one setting: FSRejectAllGroupInvitesMode
(FSRejectAllGroupInvitesMode: Has the user selected reject all group invites mode?)
was set to True then :set to False or   Reset to Default
Restart Firestorm to update all settings then it should be ok again to get a group invite
(I had the problem myself for accidentally messing up my settings)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.