Question re: Land use fees for premium membership

Cali Souther

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a premium account,  so I am trying to figure out how much land I can purchase and use the 1024 credit towards the land use fees.

There is an estimated fees section,  but it doesn't seem to work the way I would think.

If I want to own a total of 8192 and I have 1024 credit,  wouldn't I be able to purchase 7168 without being pushed up to the next level?

When I type in 7168 the estimate shows 2048 available meters ... so I have to own a total of 9216 ?    

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question that's been answered - I looked around quite a bit before posting.

Thanks for any info.

19 minutes ago, Cali Souther said:

I have a premium account,  so I am trying to figure out how much land I can purchase and use the 1024 credit towards the land use fees.

There is an estimated fees section,  but it doesn't seem to work the way I would think.

If I want to own a total of 8192 and I have 1024 credit,  wouldn't I be able to purchase 7168 without being pushed up to the next level?

When I type in 7168 the estimate shows 2048 available meters ... so I have to own a total of 9216 ?    

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question that's been answered - I looked around quite a bit before posting.

Thanks for any info.

That estimator thingy is odd.

Basically -- you get 1024 free tier with your membership.  If you buy land that is not deeded to a group, then you pay tier for anything over 1024.  The chart at the bottom of that Land Use Fees page is what you will pay for amounts over the 1024.  The rule is that if you are 1 sqm of tier into the next range, you pay that higher tier amount.

So, if you buy 2048 then you can subtract out 1024, leaving 1024 -- and you would pay the 1024 amount for additional tier.  If you buy 4096, subtract your free 1024 and that leaves 3072.  That is higher than the 2048 level, so you will pay at the 4096 level (thus you can have up to 5120 sqm of land for the same price).  If you buy a total of 8192, subtract your 1024 and that leave 7168 --- that is higher than the 4096, so you will pay at the 8192 level (meaning you can actually have up to 9216 sqm of land for the 8192 price).

Groups get a 10% bonus, but that can complicate the calculations a bit.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
mis-type
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.