Still can't log in

8Viatrix8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just read Linden Lab's "Recent Outages" post but it doesn't tell people, I for one, what to do who are still having problems logging in. It is almost a week now that I am trying in SL and FS viewers. I am stuck at requesting region capabilities 1-2-3 (SL viewer), I also can't log in at different regions, FS is even worst. My internet connection and router are doing fine. I sent an SL support ticket the other day and got an email that they got it and I am now hoping to be able to log in. I know little about these things and don't know how to fix them. I was told not to uninstall but it is the only thing I can think of. Why should I not?

Edited by 8Viatrix8

A  reinstall seldom fixes login problems.

You don't need a clean install, which is where you uninstall and remove all settings. Just install over the top of the existing install. That retains all your settings and refreshes all the program and support files. If that gives you peace of mind go for it.

Since there are not dozens of people complaining about the problem, it is your system or network connection that is likely the problem.

Make sure your Operating System is updated.

The Lab recently had login issues. Support people likely suspect you are complaining about those problems. File another ticket and make clear that today, now you can't login.

There are things that will block your ability to login. The big one is BIG, FLAT inventory... meaning thousands of items in a single folder. With a good connection to SL and a decent computer that number is about 5,000. If that is your problem, Support has to fix it.

Also, there is a problem with two Current Outfit folders. Support has to fix that.

If you suspect either of those mention them in your new ticket.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.